free hit
counters
Prices Soaring - Page 44 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

1 hour ago, rudolphwolven said:

As a true Lotus enthousiast I can not (no, I even will not try to) see the logics behind some comparison like down here (both from Autoscout24) :

.........Someone else that does not say automatically........"yes, but this is a porsch -".........?   :ermm:

Lotus would not be the first one, in addition to Ferrari and Porsche etc, that (unexpectedly ?) could attrack more interest from potential buyers in the future........ 

It is not a must.........it could be a different way of thinking.........starting with those that appreciate the Esprit most........the owners......?........smilie-Greis[1].gif

And if not........drive your Esprit with the pleasure as before..... wheelchair[1].gif

Edited by rudolphwolven

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally think prices will drop a lot more as we Brexit. It doesn't matter unless you have to sell. I have restored two car s now with labour and parts you are looking north of £50k, and that's if

After 16 years of ownership and 10 months on the market, I received the official word today that my '94 S4 has sold and is now with its new owner. Sold for: AUD$74,000 I bought the car in th

I have the same experience.....26 years of ownership and 52.000 km on the odo......with my '90 Esprit Turbo SE I have all the invoices since purchase in 1993; total cost of maintenance during all

Posted Images

Someone's trying to make a quick couple of grand on this car which sold at Classic Car Auctions' Stoneleigh auction last weekend for £16,500

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

Strange happenings with esprit's at the moment. I have been offered two project cars in the past week, one a turbo with good history as well. Pity as I dont have the funds or space for them.

On 11/22/2016 at 22:53, rudolphwolven said:

OK,...smilie-Greis.gif... but do'nt forget they are "early" ones..........smilie_happy_251.gif

Bloody hell. I have set in the garage I bought as spares but no longer need, in very very good condition. More than willing to part for them at half that price.

this car was for sale when i was looking 8 years ago and it had been at this garage for at least 2 years before that. Seem to rememeber it was about £8,000 then

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/esprit/lotus-esprit-2-2-2dr-x180/5158195

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Yeah your spot on Pete. Its was in there in 2004 when I was looking for an S4. They also had a red X180. Cant recall if it was an SE?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

2 x new on "mobile.de"..........

$_20[1].jpg

Lotus Esprit V8........1998..........16.900 km......Euro 67.500,-

$_20[1].jpg

Lotus Esprit S4........1993..........6.900 km..........Euro 49.900,-

Edited by rudolphwolven
13 minutes ago, OwenGT3 said:

Unbelievable.......... HAS "LIGHT" DAMAGE TO BUMPER DOOR AND SILL..........  

6 OWNERS    :cry:    FROM NEW.............DONE 64K MILES......
Edited by rudolphwolven

It is quite reassuring that the fuel tank area is pretty strong  as that's taken quite  a wack looking at the damage.

On 12/12/2016 at 20:45, pete said:

Was it a high wing

Hi Pete.

Yes I think it might have been.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

On 10/12/2016 at 18:51, johnpwalsh said:

Strange happenings with esprit's at the moment. I have been offered two project cars in the past week, one a turbo with good history as well. Pity as I dont have the funds or space for them.

Is project turbo still available??? I might be interested!

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

I have to say I do like the wheels, I know there from a 96-97 spec but I prefer them to the "correct" wheels for a 98.

As for the spoiler I actually prefer the look of the smaller 96-97 spec, but the 98 spec is fixed to the boot lid so lifts out of the way to allow better access to the boot.

I have been looking for "the right" 98+ V8 for about a year, I particularly like the late spec interior and the dual plate clutch and revised gear linkage to improve the "tricky" gear change !! :-)

I have to say that the gear change is actually not bad, I have driven a lot worse !! :-)..... 1st and reverse can be a bit tricky when its cold but apart from that its fine.

The mileage is quite high, 98K but it had a full engine rebuild, new turbos and clutch at 90K. It also had a complete suspension rebuild including springs, dampers, bushes and arms along with a complete replacement stainless exhaust and sports cats from PNM and full brake rebuild at 97K so its virtually a new car !! :-).

PF 

Edited by Paul Foster
  • Like 1

Looks absolutely stunning @Paul Foster well done. It probably cost you 5k looking for a year, that's how fast the prices seem to be rising at the moment.

I started looking early 2015, good cars were low 20s or less back then, when I finally found mine in March this year I ended up shelling out an extra 5k on top of my budget, but well worth it.

Enjoy...!

3 minutes ago, Steve V8 said:

Looks absolutely stunning @Paul Foster well done. It probably cost you 5k looking for a year, that's how fast the prices seem to be rising at the moment.

I started looking early 2015, good cars were low 20s or less back then, when I finally found mine in March this year I ended up shelling out an extra 5k on top of my budget, but well worth it.

Enjoy...!

Yep, your right, it probably cost me 5K+ extra by waiting, maybe a bit more, problem was I couldn't find the "right one", there were not many 98+ V8's available just a handfull of 96-97 cars, in fact that's still the case now, there are very, very few up for sale and those that are available are mostly very late cars from dealers with mega low miles at £45K+

I do wonder about the true value of these mega low mileage cars that haven't been used, there is a significant risk of mechanical issues arising from lack of use, a good example is rarely used catalysts that tend to fail because of condensation buildup, leading to MOT failure and a big bill for new cats, not cheap !!.

PF