free hit
counters
Prices Soaring - Page 60 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• Gold FFM

Official figures show 367 made but doesn’t show the lhs/rhs split. Of course many could have been exported to rhd countries. Who knowsBB4E441D-04EC-4BE2-B964-62032C5ECEBF.thumb.jpeg.9f3f0d7927f7301c6e7760ff9ae0e03d.jpeg

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally think prices will drop a lot more as we Brexit. It doesn't matter unless you have to sell. I have restored two car s now with labour and parts you are looking north of £50k, and that's if

After 16 years of ownership and 10 months on the market, I received the official word today that my '94 S4 has sold and is now with its new owner. Sold for: AUD$74,000 I bought the car in th

I have the same experience.....26 years of ownership and 52.000 km on the odo......with my '90 Esprit Turbo SE I have all the invoices since purchase in 1993; total cost of maintenance during all

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Giniw said:

@Tocus > I just stumbled upon a description of the car you wrote to sell it (:cry:), and you state there are about 150 LHD but actually it's much less than that, because there has been around 100-150 LHD sent to the USA, which are LHD but not the real S4s specification of course, and around 100-150 RHD kept in the UK (and maybe a few sent to Japan, I don't know?). Anyway, unless I am wrong there are (were!) actually as few as around 50-60 real LHD S4s, and that probably includes a few 2L I heard about (mostly sent to Italy?).

yess i have seen a lot of USA esprits S4s cars,

so yess you could be right, the S4s is never sold in the Netherlands (because it was a very expensive car!)

maby there are less then 50 cars, you never see them for sale, where are the real LHD S4s cars?

there are 2 in holland right now,

so its a very very rare car, my car is a real S4s with 2.2 engine, and yess the italian cars are 2.0 because of the tax over there,

thanks for the message, but who will become the new owner,

There are apparently 5 of them registered at the French Lotus Club according to https://www.club-lotus.fr/sheet/presentation/1/serie/37.
Of course not everyone is registered to that club, so mine for instance is not counted — that makes at least 6 then! (but I suspect one of them is an RHD since it's a red with the same rims as this one in Brittany: https://www.mirari.fr/yMsN compared to http://www.papa35.org/videos/sortie-2016-1/rdv-mensuel-telethon-decembre-2016/lotus-esprit-s4-s.html ^^)

@Barrykearley > I don't remember exactly where I found the USA numbers I am talking about but it looked serious (I mean, presented around the table you report), and while I doubted a bit, I got an official-ish* certificate when I bought my car which stated it was one of the ~50 (60? can't remember) LHD S4s ever made, which seemed suspicious at first but quite match the figures I saw later. So, it may well be right.

*My certificate is not signed directly by Andy Graham or one of his colleagues but it's still a paper printed and signed by an official retailer if I remember well.

EDIT: just found that old thread https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/21431-s4s-numbers-how-many/

EDIT2 : sorry I may be a bit off topic! In a nutshell, there are most probably much less than 150 LHD ;)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 21-1-2018 at 23:43, Bibs said:

Asking, and getting, that are 2 different worlds, but i wish the seller good luck!

On 2018/1/22 at 07:51, Mark Blanchard said:

Beyond the iconic status and looks, that's £100k for not a very good car.  Sorry to be the boy who noticed the Emperor's new clothes.

I had to google that quote Mark !    Good story :)

A

We know nothing of prices soaring. Have you seen what they’re asking for De Tomaso Panteras these days? I quite like them as it happens but I don’t think anyone rates them particularly highly. Not an especially well known or desirable  badge. Saw one recently asking £160k!!!

Good not agree more Jonny,   Pantera a few years back 30k for a nice one,  now 100 to 150k.............    Testerossa,  35 to 50k a few years back. now  100 to 200 k .

Other classic brands are not just rising in pricing,  they are more than 3 times the value and more :cry:   They have all become dream cars, that will stay dreams,  Thankfully the Esprit is still within reach for most folks to live the dream :)

A

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Good not agree more Jonny,   Pantera a few years back 30k for a nice one,  now 100 to 150k.............    Testerossa,  35 to 50k a few years back. now  100 to 200 k .

Other classic brands are not just rising in pricing,  they are more than 3 times the value and more :cry:   They have all become dream cars, that will stay dreams,  Thankfully the Esprit is still within reach for most folks to live the dream :)

Arse is starting to drop out of the more common classic prancing donkeys. That’s most certainly not appearing to happen with the esprits advertised for sale currently.

Only here once

Think it is  more the case that the Esprit, no matter how much we love it,  will never go up in value as much as its metal sports cars of around the same era Barry imo. 

A

• Gold FFM

Ahhh doubt not. I looked at a fibreglass 308 back in the day - they were sooo much cheaper than their metal mates. Just look what’s happened to the values of those now.

Only here once

That is due to the fiberglass 308 been as rare as hens teeth and having a dancing donkey to go with it on the bonnet :)   

The Esprit is far from a cheap car, but sadly not seen in the same rose tinted glasses value wise like the other brands !

• Like 1

A

I’ve noticed quite a few 308GTBs and 348s at the £40k mark.  Definitely a tumble in values in the last 6 months.

9 hours ago, silverfrost said:

I had to google that quote Mark !    Good story :)

I was irresponsibly drinking and posting.  I don’t stand by what I said about the S1!

• Haha 2
55 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Lovely Barry but sitting strangely high at the front......even for an HC Turbo model which were a bit higher than the previous Turbo models. The red interior is stunning 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Andyww said:

Very nice but pity only half leather interior.

I think the red HC interior looks good with half leather......the cloth looks very luxurious 

• Like 2

If I win the lotto .i will buy it .Also seen a great looking red HC turbo for sale looks fab .great interior also .i think 39.000.Really like the hc cars .very smart .subtle pin stripes etc .What a car .....Mike