free hit
counters
Prices Soaring - Page 62 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally think prices will drop a lot more as we Brexit. It doesn't matter unless you have to sell. I have restored two car s now with labour and parts you are looking north of £50k, and that's if

After 16 years of ownership and 10 months on the market, I received the official word today that my '94 S4 has sold and is now with its new owner. Sold for: AUD$74,000 I bought the car in th

I have the same experience.....26 years of ownership and 52.000 km on the odo......with my '90 Esprit Turbo SE I have all the invoices since purchase in 1993; total cost of maintenance during all

Posted Images

Barry could build a whole esprit with the bits he has taken of his own already :P

I can just imagine Barry in his workshop,  sitting in front of a neglected esprit saying the words " show me "  like that fellow out of Christine !

The Kearly Frankenstein Esprit :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A

On 26/01/2018 at 23:53, Buddsy said:

Fezzas are dropping in prices

Yep they are.  My mate has 2 Ferrari's for sale.  The yellow one is mint and he's asking only £38k.  If you know anyone interested pm me.

26074636168_ff815db10a_b.jpg

28167454479_717b27e653_b.jpg

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Last service was £7500.

Last garage had a nice holiday on the back of spanking him proper

Only here once

Supposed to be good bodywork, but it's a 40 year old Italian car so I doubt it.  It's from the States and has the 5mph impact bumpers.

14 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Last garage had a nice holiday on the back of spanking him proper

Someone told me once most classic Ferrari Owner's are penniless.

14 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

The idea of buying a metal Italian car fills me with horror.  We don't have the body work problems other car owners have.  Plastic and galvanised all the way!!

Yes!

Ferrari used no rust protection other than paint until the 328 and they rust like crazy. Even the 328 only had panels with a very thin zinc coating and they also rust. Chassis is only powder coated.

The sticky-out bumpers on US 328s spoil the car. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Yep they are.  My mate has 2 Ferrari's for sale.  The yellow one is mint and he's asking only £38k.  If you know anyone interested pm me.

26074636168_ff815db10a_b.jpg

28167454479_717b27e653_b.jpg

That is absolutely stunning and that price is even better....bad timing for me (just spent a few bob on the new daily beater) but it stuff is around at this price come spring :D:D:D

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

16 minutes ago, Andyww said:

It cant be overstated how much benefit the Esprit has regards not rusting. In Winter there are sometimes no Ferraris present at all at Ferrari Owners Club meetings. But I go in the Esprit :)

This picture was taken at an FOC meet actually:

From today. Snap.

28170347729_e3bf3ff326_b.jpg

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Jeanvm said:

So this used to be Chris Evans Esprit.

I didn't know it landed in Germany. It looks a nice car apart from the carbs that could do with a good clean. If they look on the outside the way they do, I guess they never had a good refurb.