free hit
counters
Prices Soaring - Page 67 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

2 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

This mint X180 Turbo at Brooklands Historic went for £27k!  Nice to see them being more appreciated.

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2018-07-07/cars/ref-2-1989-lotus-esprit-turbo/

Strangely though this S3 went for only £9k.  Someone got a bargain.

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2018-07-07/cars/ref-191-1984-lotus-esprit-series-3/

And the Chris Evans S1 didn't meet the reserve

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally think prices will drop a lot more as we Brexit. It doesn't matter unless you have to sell. I have restored two car s now with labour and parts you are looking north of £50k, and that's if

After 16 years of ownership and 10 months on the market, I received the official word today that my '94 S4 has sold and is now with its new owner. Sold for: AUD$74,000 I bought the car in th

I have the same experience.....26 years of ownership and 52.000 km on the odo......with my '90 Esprit Turbo SE I have all the invoices since purchase in 1993; total cost of maintenance during all

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Lotusfab said:

Mmmm. Wasn't  a very nice one! 

Yet another one that's been repainted white! I don't care what anybody says it puts serious car collectors off.

• Gold FFM
On 10/01/2018 at 01:35, nello said:

Ex Wickens Company car..........apparently........... I'd expect that price restored rather than not.........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1983-LOTUS-ESPRIT-COUPE-PETROL/253357312241?hash=item3afd45c8f1:g:bAMAAOSweLBaVORJ

Just playing catch up on this and low and behold. This is the same guy who bought my Yellow S3 saying it was going into a museum, only to be advertised three days later at double the price.

8 hours ago, Paul Coleman said:

Yet another one that's been repainted white! I don't care what anybody says it puts serious car collectors off.

The problem with that car was the interior. It just didn't look correct.

3 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

The problem with that car was the interior. It just didn't look correct.

Yes but no doubt they would have done it in tartan which wouldn't have been correct for that car either

• 2 weeks later...

Yes - sadly another red car. 🙂

problem now is that the wife has just seen our new inflated bank balance. 😞

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, nello said:

Is it supposed to have black sills?

Does it matter? thanks

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

A fairly original S1 has just been auctioned off for 39k usd on BaT https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1977-lotus-esprit-2/ quite a nice original car with some flaws and some mods. Another S1 in better condition is featured @no reserve in the upcoming RM Sotheby’s Monterey auction next weekend (estimated at 80-100k) https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/MO18/Monterey/lots/r0103-1977-lotus-esprit-series-i/693515 will be interesting to see where it ends up. Both these cars are not even close to the best ones of some of our forum members, ie Fabian’s @Lotusfab and others.

Ad initium

13 hours ago, nello said:

To me yes - this image in that colour (with black sills) is probably my all time favourite Esprit.....

landscape-1471636281-pictures-lotus-espr

Totally agree as do plenty of other folks,  great colour for the S2 and by far the best looking esprit design in the series imo :thumbup:

A

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.