free hit
counters
Prices Soaring - Page 73 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
rizla603104

Prices Soaring

4 hours ago, Andyww said:

At the moment the classic car market is in meltdown, there is a huge over-supply of cars especially rare and pricier models, with everyone who has been sitting on their investment for years suddenly panicking and selling up. Hence these Essex cars suddenly appearing.

In the Ferrari world the market is awash with cars, many times more on the market than ever before and they are not selling. Ultra-low mileage cars which nobody knew existed are suddenly appearing.

There is a widely-held view that the market will never recover. Although we have been here before, there are many factors these days which didnt exist before. If I were the seller of that non-runner Essex I would be happy with 49K.

Don’t forget there is a sellers fee of 10%+VAT of the selling price unless you do a deal with them

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

@Bazza 907 no 49k plus (15% plus vat)

£57820 but I’m not sure it’s sold

So returning £43120 to the client.

@lotuseaters mark - did it sell??

Only here once

15% and I don't think you pay VAT as it has already been paid on the original item.

Vat is on the 15% 👍

Only here once

The way the auction went today is 90% of the Cars didn’t make there estimate and as I believe the reserve is within the estimate that’s how they work it .

With the Essex it was below the estimate but they will try and do a deal with the seller and the winning bidder so who knows.

Thats why they put in the small print you can’t sell it within 28 days  without paying the sellers commission so they can still try and put a deal together .

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Vat is on the 15% 👍

Just on the commission?

That would make sense.

• Like 1

It's relisted at $17K. Soft focus video for the old girl....

Don't think everything is in meltdown, just depends what your selling.....IMG_7674.thumb.PNG.ec53e5c4535f52a58cf97ef0d31a2e10.PNG

This sold at silverstone the other day.

• Like 1

Sold my Esprit for £17500 and it's up for £30k now.  Either Esprit prices are rocketing, or more likely the vendor is on another planet. 

It's a good car and engine rebuilt at 40k, but 108k on the clock now, £22k tops.

Spotted this ad on Pistonheads this afternoon, very sad to see it.  I need another Esprit :(

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/esprit/lotus-esprit-esprit-turbo-manual-1988----------------1988/9832146#&gid=1&pid=8

lotus-esprit-esprit-tbo-S4011851-9.jpg

Asking price and selling price is a very different thing. Some of these dealers are being very optimistic - but - best of luck to them I really hope they sell at that level

• Like 1

Only here once

Just had my insurance value agreed again at £20k for my 85k mile '90 N/A. Tried for £25k but 20 was as much as the underwriter would go based on their market assessment so I guess I've found the level for mine!

They did say if it was a Turbo they would probably have agreed £25k.

I've tried them at £15k as a project car value for my G Turbo which is in bits in the garage so I'll see what reception that gets...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Dealers tend to ask a whole wedge more than a private seller. They're a business of course, with overheads, but they do tend to live on another planet. Planet Greed I think.

Edited by Fridge

6 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Sold my Esprit for £17500 and it's up for £30k now.  Either Esprit prices are rocketing, or more likely the vendor is on another planet. 

It's a good car and engine rebuilt at 40k, but 108k on the clock now, £22k tops.

Spotted this ad on Pistonheads this afternoon, very sad to see it.  I need another Esprit :(

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/esprit/lotus-esprit-esprit-turbo-manual-1988----------------1988/9832146#&gid=1&pid=8

GBP 32.100,-........'89 / 63.000 mls. / LHD 

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/lotus-esprit-tbo-16v-benzin-rot-e9e2018d-a23d-fa12-e053-e250040aca39?cldtidx=10

1920408262_640x4801.jpg.e439d10196ba627925b505903adf777f.jpg

GBP 32.000,-.......29.300 mls. / '88 / LHD

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/lotus-esprit-x-180-2-2-hcpi-turbo-l-47dm-l-nieuwstaat-l-benzin-rot-e6682081-4cc6-457c-a71b-225369ca73aa?cldtidx=12

41591647_640x4801.jpg.bfc5370ba3aa44e17fafc8b20dda97d6.jpg

Prizes seems to be over the top, but if one want's to buy Esprit on the mainland Europe with the steering wheel on the left side, there are not many cars available. You brits are spoiled with cars to choose. 

"Older I get, faster I was"

This car is apparently very close to where I live.  Didn't know about it until I saw the advert at the weekend. The paint on the intake manifold looks a bit tired for only 14 k miles.  Missing front lower spoiler.   But overall looks to be in nice shape.  No details on maintenance of course.  Price looks very optimistic though!

Edited by tjs98jetta
additional comment

Modern Classics magazine have an edition out now with my Sport 350 featured alongside a TVR Tuscan and Aston Martin DB7.

They have the following prices quoted for the Esprit Sport 350:

Concours - £65,000
Good - £60,000
Usable - £55,000

:scared:

• Like 1

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I think Richard Hammond now owning one may of made a difference to the prices on the sport 350,  also given the fact that on camera,  Jeremy Clarkeson admitted that he is actually quite Jealous of Hammond for owning that car !   They are both fans of the Esprit and have been for many years.

Nice to see that someone who gets to drive multi million pound Hyper cars for a living puts an Esprit 350 in his stable/collection  :thumbup:

The G bodied cars are not for everyone,  but like the Essex that we would all like to own in the classic car range due to its rarity,  the sport 350 is the modern Esprit that is also super rare and many folks would love to own also !   The rear wing is the only thing i never liked about the 350 :)

A

It's only what the 350 deserves and recognition of what is a truly superb car. If it had a black horse, or a black/gold bull on the front, it would be 2, 2.5, or 3 times that price...

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!