free hit
counters
Prices Soaring - Page 74 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
rizla603104

Prices Soaring

Whilst clearing out my study I found a copy of Practical Classics from 2005 (as you do) and it was interesting to see the prices for a S1, which at the time I was looking for.

100-0476.jpg

It listed a restoration as £1,750 so having paid £2,000 for mine in 2007 I think I was ripped off ;)

• Haha 1

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's rare to see one Esprit in an auction, but there are three for sale in this month's CCA Auction

A pretty good condition S3 has a guide price of £14 to £18k which sounds like a bargain.

Modified LH '89 Turbo 215 hp on mobile.de for € 39.950,-...........

......."Our copy is - to put it simply indiscriminately -; unique! The Esprit Turbo has only driven 8000 kilometers. This mileage is also confirmed by Lotus itself (letter present). The car was originally delivered in Germany and has always been in the hands of enthusiasts. The brakes and gearbox have recently been overhauled. In addition to all maintenance vouchers, we also have the original booklets and the aforementioned letter from Lotus. The car is in good condition and is ready to be included in a collection again!".......

........."The Esprit Turbo has only driven 8000 kilometers. ..................The brakes and gearbox have recently been overhauled"........

That's pretty soon ?!?

1008461067__201.jpg.dc2c8f8decb237d6073d26dbe6a60574.jpg

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=286860983&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=15900&makeModelVariant1.modelId=7&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&fnai=next&searchId=149bb246-9446-ce57-ed63-a18ecec280b9

• Haha 1

On 04/10/2019 at 00:05, Peter H. said:

It's rare to see one Esprit in an auction, but there are three for sale in this month's CCA Auction

A pretty good condition S3 has a guide price of £14 to £18k which sounds like a bargain.

S3 was the only Esprit to sell at £14430. The red Esprit Turbo which failed to sell was noted to have a fuel leak underneath 😱

Only here once

(and it's a pity it has been modified to look like something it's not — well in my opinion at least)

Edited by Giniw

To each his own, but I to prefer the original Stevens look to the Thompson redesign. Also, with so few miles, whoever made/ordered the changes can't have spent much time with the car as it was...

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 19:51, Escape said:

To each his own, but I to prefer the original Stevens look to the Thompson redesign. Also, with so few miles, whoever made/ordered the changes can't have spent much time with the car as it was...

A year ago I have seen a black SE with a kit like the V8 End Edition included the wheels! Must be costly. Do you know it Filip?

No, I don't remember ever seeing a Belgian black SE with a V8 bodykit. Too few Lotus to see on our roads... I did get lucky and could park next to a lovely red Turbo Esprit at a meeting yesterday.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.