free hit
counters
Prices Soaring - Page 75 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Healthy figure achieved by the JPS at Silverstone Auctions today - guide was £55-60K - sold for £65K inc buyer premium 😊

I personally think prices will drop a lot more as we Brexit. It doesn't matter unless you have to sell. I have restored two car s now with labour and parts you are looking north of £50k, and that's if

I am obviously conscious of market prices but all I will say is that I bought my Esprit at what I feel is the right time. Not too expensive but a goodly amount of money. I certainly couldn't afford to

Posted Images

For all of the seller's bravado, there are a number of things that aren't correct. Including the rear quarter decal position, lack of upper and lower airbox, and door mirror position. The miniature Bond submersible may have been white underneath, but the road going versions certainly weren't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bet we see a few more go under the hammer now, still a good investment for someone with a limited edition car.

Wonder what the highest price one has sold for now?

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Last UK JPS I saw that sold, at Silverstone incidentally, was in 2017 I think. For £47,000 including commission.

Already been discussed on here I think, this G was a bit of a mismatch with a new engine, non original paint colour and Stevens seat and interior retrim for starters but it still made fairly decent money yesterday for a non original car IMHO 😊

7025E103-18F4-4DE8-ACC1-3CD84AFCCE5E.jpeg

• Like 1

UK Sportscars have a black X180 turbo up for 35k!  Looks nice paint and interior but engine bay unloved and something weird where the header tank should be. 

don’t think I’ve seen a Stevens carb turbo above 25k before.

There are appears to be a roughly cut hole to gain access to the top of the left petrol tank.  Should that be there?  

The engine bay photographs and presentation are a little disappointing for a car at this pricepoint.

Not sure, if it’s supposed to be there, but there’s no hole like that on my car. Also, the hose to the expansion tank appears to be disconnected.

Margate Exotics.

Zoomed in - there looks like some weird photoshopping going on

image.png

I don't understand its shape either.

As for the hole I don't have it either on the S4s, and I have always wondered why there is this boss there, with no evident purpose. Must have been useful on a previous iteration of the Esprit?