free hit
counters
Prices Soaring - Page 75 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Prices Soaring

rizla603104

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There are when you look on How Many Left for "Lotus Esprit Series 3"

LOTUS ESPRIT SERIES 3 - How Many Left?

So I guess all those registered as a Lotus Esprit in the 1980s were all S1s

LOTUS ESPRIT - How Many Left?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Absolutely @Fridge it’s rubbish. Doesn’t even give a reliable breakdown of the rare black badged cars.

Only here once

£42k.....for a 70k mileage S3......is this for real!?😳

Not sure about rare, but Black badged Esprits are the coolest!😉

74B1C72C-FDB0-4FD8-A0E8-F9DB4D1616D8.jpeg

• Love 1

I know this may attract some undesirable remarks, but I'm thinking of selling my 1998 V8 to get a 410 sport and was wondering what the market is like for V8's.  Also what would be a fair price? In great condition and had cambelts done only 1500 miles ago.  43k Miles on the clock. 

IMG_6378.JPG

IMG_6395.JPG

• Love 2

• Gold FFM

That's a lovely looking V8 @Lotusfella. Very nice.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

11 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

That's a lovely looking V8 @Lotusfella. Very nice.

Swap it for your 410 😁

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
20 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

Swap it for your 410 😁

If it was red....  But as a lifelong LFC fan I could hardly have a toffee coloured car!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Having driven an Evora Sport 410 this weekend on some of my favourite roads, I can say you will not be disappointed. The steering is sublime, ridiculously good. Suspension not too harsh and coped with poor A and B road surfaces with aplomb - never making me feel nervous. 

The exhaust noise is crazy - standard factory. Beautiful and inspiring but it may attract attention one does not want. 

Carbon seats are a total winner. Comfy and lower you in the cabin so you really are in your capsule, ready for launch. 

Justin 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LotusFella said:

I know this may attract some undesirable remarks, but I'm thinking of selling my 1998 V8 to get a 410 sport and was wondering what the market is like for V8's.  Also what would be a fair price? In great condition and had cambelts done only 1500 miles ago.  43k Miles on the clock. 

IMG_6378.JPG

IMG_6395.JPG

Market value?

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, jep said:

Having driven an Evora Sport 410 this weekend on some of my favourite roads, I can say you will not be disappointed. The steering is sublime, ridiculously good. Suspension not too harsh and coped with poor A and B road surfaces with aplomb - never making me feel nervous. 

The exhaust noise is crazy - standard factory. Beautiful and inspiring but it may attract attention one does not want. 

Carbon seats are a total winner. Comfy and lower you in the cabin so you really are in your capsule, ready for launch. 

Justin 

Yeay, a convert to the wonderful world of the 410 Sport. Only maligned by those who have NEVER actually driven one hahahaha...

It's quite quick as well too @jep

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I asked the factory about the name. Sport 410 or 410 Sport. They said 'Sport 410'. Decals say otherwise..........

I drove a 2018 GT410 Sport about 18 months ago - is my mind misleading me but that felt firmer than the Sport 410.

Sport 410 could not quite match the Exige S (345bhp) off the line at the weekend. I am sure it will pull away at the upper ends but we could not test that. Could have been the driver(s).

Justin

5 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Now why would you say that? :lol: We can be a cheeky bunch but thats very nice!

buddsy

because it's a how much is my car worth post.

I note no one has responded that 😄

• Gold FFM

0-60 Exige S is 3.7, Evora Sport 410 is 3.9, so the Exige should have been slightly ahead. Weight and power is everything off the line.

The thing with the Sport 410 is that it is not as compromised as say the GT410.  The Sport 410 is focused - super lightweight wheels (so no back seats due to weight limit), oodles of carbon and weight saving, and so the suspension just has an easier job.  I am biased of course @jep.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
8 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

I thought id seen V8's around 50-60?

buddsy

I have seen V8's from a low of around £23k to a high of around £55k. Very much dependent upon condition, history, etc.  V8's are a good bet for the future.

I would have thought you would be looking at £45k - £55k for that car. I think prices ion the last 6 months for all Esprits have generally risen by £10k

• Like 1

Shame It isn't one of those rare black badge models ! :sofa:

As Barry says, great colour :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LotusFella said:

are we talking early or late 30's or something else

OK I'll have a stab and say mid to late £30's as an asking price.

Personally I'd remove the round Lotus sticker above the side indicator before posting advert pictures.

5 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

Personally I'd remove the round Lotus sticker above the side indicator before posting advert pictures.

ok good point it came with the car but agree it's probably not helping with the lines/flow

How do you do a pole to see what people think.

11 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

To add to Barry’s suggestion.....I’m going to stick my neck out and recommend the wheels are returned to silver and the tail lights changed to non-smoked. I appreciate the car has been modified more than the points I’m picking on, but feel the changes suggested will widen the range of potential buyers. I think the car is personally too personalised (each to their own though!) to get it’s true value. I hope this doesn’t come over too blunt.....genuinely trying to help as always👍

• Like 1