free hit
counters
Engine revving on start up (when hot – S model only?) - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Engine revving on start up (when hot – S model only?)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmm, I think I had a vanity blip too.   It was when I tried to comb over my receeding hairline. Its 'all' shaved off now.     Video?

Just tried a hot restart, after about 5 minutes shut off, without waiting for the fuel pump to pressurise. It produced one of the loudest blips I've heard yet.  Probably heat soak affected and nothing to do with the fuel pressure.

It's a pain, and I'm with you on this Kier. Tomorrow my first service and B&C will get a blip strength complaint to pass on. I feel an email to Lotus is warranted too.   Adding the blip should have brought with it a new model name. The Edick?  The Echav? .

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same, It seems to me, that the colder the outside and the hotter the engine. Actually we have around minus 4 in the morning. After fuelstop I was surprised, how loud the engine started. Not the fine way... also for people around. But all methods to eliminate it (doable) fail. So I have to live with it.