free hit
counters
In case you're thinking of building your own garage. - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Matt-watts

In case you're thinking of building your own garage.

Makes mine look like a shed!!

Awesome garage ... We'll done! :)

May as well show mine on here too, 2 years ago I posted I had moved to a cottage with a nice garage, well, the roof developed numerous leaks and the concrete corrugated fibre roof, concrete walls and floor acted as a freezer in the winter and ended up ruining the paintwork on the car :(

This was then

IMG_0887.jpgIMG_0685.jpg

So, the last few months, every time I had a little time, using 10 packs of 8, 2.4mtr batoning , 15 sheets of celotex insulation , 40 sheets of plasterboard and 800 various screws and a new 60mm composite roof from rollaclad in Cardiff

Well, I'm nearly there! Painted the floor todaypost-176-0-07547300-1403395937.jpgpost-176-0-23077500-1403395979.jpg

post-176-0-37664700-1403395811.jpg

post-176-0-32011100-1403395843.jpg

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very smart, good work Dodgy :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I started thinking i could cut corners but as i demolished the floor, the rest of the garage had to come down to start fresh.

Ive learnt that im not built for hard labour but hoping the saving doing most of the work my self will go towards a new manifold ha ha

post-14973-0-35769700-1408055625.jpg

post-14973-0-94133500-1408055671.jpg

post-14973-0-01413400-1408055757.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me over the level of expertise and helpfulness of the members of this forum.

Looking forward to seeing how the garage turns out.

Any advances on your garage Andy?

It's looking like my hard work is paying dividends, last year I had a 3kw heater running for 2 hours just to raise the temp a couple of degrees!! It was always colder inside the garage than out!

I returned from a 20 mile drive to my mothers 3 hours ago and parked the car back in the garage, I just checked the temp, it's 15*c outside ...... 23*c inside :D

post-176-0-70926200-1410552217.jpg

Oh i am soooooooo jealous i cannot describe it in words. Ive changed the plan slightly. I got hold of a bricky (by reccomendation) who said he can throw it up effectively once ive sorted the foundations, he would prefer me to get 'building control' round to ensure its built properly and certificated. I pay 240 pound for a fella to come round who wants to come back on 8 occassions to inspect the build!!! The bricky is now squirming away...... i wish i never made that call to building control. Ive got someone else coming round sunday who may be able to do whole thing for me, ive very little spare time and worried winters coming too, hopefully see some progress soon

Fortunately my good friend is looking after my car, hes got it parked next to his corrolla which might not sound much but, the story is he got the corrolla in 1994, had so much fun in it over the years as a young lad he cant part with it so had a double garage built to home it rather than see it delivering indian food if he sold it, Everytime he gets in it he re lives his youth ha ha

post-14973-0-32380700-1410557787.jpg

Is that £240 every time Andy ???

9 double sockets all around the garage all around the same height ( I don't like bending down :) ), you can never have enough :lol:

Just an update .... 12*c outside now, still 20*c inside. Engine is stone cold and there is no other heating in there (yet)

post-176-0-52658800-1410562019.jpg

post-176-0-34722600-1410562043.jpg

Still not finished the kitchen units yet :rolleyes:

Edited by Dodgy

Resurecting this thread, almost a year on i made a huge mistake on the foundations and had to knock down and re start, the re start ruined the ground in front of tge garage and the digger ruined our back garden, im now over double my original budget and almost ready to bring my car home.

Lesson learned - find a good builder and pay the price, skimping has cost me twice, or simply move house.

Im gonna tax my car this week and try get him home next week then carry on sprusing up the garage whilst looking at my car taking him for a swift run out each time i go in.

Its not the best garage but the most i could get from this house, its 2.3m longer and 600mm wider at the back, therefore room for tools, spare parts, i can open the door with out hassle, theres a steel beam in the rafters just in case and engine needs lifting and doors both ends for anything big needed in the garden.

Still got to fit electric motor to from door and finish the back door this week coming, thrn bring my car home and carry on with wiring, paint and all the garden repairs.

post-14973-0-84466500-1435864701.jpg

post-14973-0-40115200-1435864736.jpg

post-14973-0-16895500-1435864809.jpg

post-14973-0-53636900-1435864842.jpg

post-14973-0-13663800-1435864872.jpg

Needs a pile of wheels! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Oh my god thats a huge garage!! I think the mrs would make me move in there!!

My cars finally home, gonna get some miles done this year ive had nothing but barriers since i bought him (baby turned up then garage collapsed) no excuse now so spanners at the ready and here i go.

post-14973-0-37616700-1436639876.jpg

• Like 1

Look good Andy. Just carpet on the walls to come then. ;)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Funny you mention carpet, im gonna get rubber flooring and paint the walls but my nieghbour suggested tough carpet ha ha

Hi!  I have just one small question connected to garage doors. Guys, which door sensor do you use? I broke mine when i relocated my garage things. Do you know about Chamberlain or Easy? I found their sensors here https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/best-garage-door-openers for good price but i afraid of their quality, so i don't know is it worth to buy, or not

Edited by WillH5080

Not sure what you're asking re: "sensors".  I've had/fitted several Chamberlain door openers over the years and they've always worked and outlasted my (or my folks) tenure at the property.  Probably about 10 years longest ownership.  In the early ones the bulbs blew very quickly - probably due to vibration - and in the end I stopped replacing them and managed well enough with the other lights in the garage.  Otherwise all good. 

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Have many people here set there overhead buttons up in their Evoras to open garage doors or gates?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!