free hit
counters
Door check straps - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hatters

Door check straps

Lotus Elise S 2006

Getting in and out with the roof on is quite difficult but with the car elevated (the front higher than the back ) I find it even more difficult because the door wont stay open and I have to try and keep it open with my foot as I exit the car .

When the car is the other way around and the back is higher than the front then the door stays open on it's own.

Does  anyone on here know of some sort of check strap that can be fitted to the door so it stays open

I doubt whether there is anything available to do this but I just thought I would ask the question

Edited by hatters

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

In the double glassing industry there a something used call a friction stay. Might be able to lash something up using one of those?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=friction+stay&espv=210&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Lj1dUuP6FsWy0AW4lYDAAw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=775&dpr=1#

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I have never had an issue with an Elise / Exige door trying to close even on a hill, most seem to stay exactly where you put them.

Does both passenger and drivers door do this?

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

Yes both doors are the same .I can't remember my S1 having the same problem but I was younger then and not quite as heavy as I am now

I will have to go on a diet

I'll have a look next time I'm in a newer Elise

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling