free hit
counters
Porsche figures - Page 5 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Porsche figures

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think Advantage means that Porsche would have to catch up to zero maybe? I'm not sure though? :huh:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Have any Evoras spontaneously combusted?  I know they are replacing oil hoses but I didn't see anything about any cars actually catching fire.

There have been a few!Only reason mine didn't burn is because the engine was still cold when the oil line burst .

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/56514-evora-fire/?p=450572

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Ditto.

Ditto.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I hate Porsches too.  New Porsches (other than the GT3) are mostly driven by people who aren't really into cars.  They just want the image associated with it.

But there are many of these and they BUY CARS! There are much too few of us who are "really into cars" - Lotus big problem.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

This forum is a sanctuary for true Lotus fans, most other places would send out the lynchmob for such heresy.

They've yet to make a Porsche I'd actually want to own but if someone gave me a Carrera GT I might put a few miles on it before I sold it on, and I do remember being impressed by a 928 many years ago but overall I find the badge an enormous turn off.

Funnily enough my dislike of Porsches is not indoctrinated, my Dad, my Mum, my brother and two aunts have all 911s at some point. I always found them peculiar, very austere inside and the air cooled ones sound like hoovers, none seemed particularly fast either. My Dad now has a Coxster and while I can respect its all-round abilities as a convertible sports car it always leaves me cold which is surely the opposite of what a sports car is supposed do?

It's a bit like the BMW 320D I was given last year as a loan car. The numbers are all very impressive. It was a very good device for pounding up and down a motorway in. Hard to knock it from a purely rational, mechanical point of view. Maybe those who love German cars so much only ever look at things that way. But emotionally, it was so bleak inside it had all the charm of a tin coffin!

Here's hoping that the flaming GT3 saga will make a few people realise that no car is perfect, despite what Chris Harris or whoever wants you to believe and maybe give the very excellent cars Lotus make a break. I really believe that all Lotus have to do to sell more cars is to get more people to drive them.

I really believe that all Lotus have to do to sell more cars is to get more people to drive them.

Can we maybe take one step backward.  I really believe that all Lotus have to do to sell more cars is to get more people to KNOW THEY EVEN EXIST!

Jonny, since your family has been such sterling supporters of the german brand, and surely you've wafted Lotus products their way, maybe you should compile a report based on their decision-making process and submit it to Lotus so they could learn how to build products people actually want to buy!

You know it's the right thing to do!

:-)

Edited by cnapan

• 3 weeks later...

So Porsche just announced their analysis results. Issue is a wrongly fixed connecting rod within the engine that broke loose  :no So, all delivered cars get a new engine.

In comparison it seems our little babies are very reliable. We've had one or the other hoses break, but those Toyota internals seem to be built by the right robots. :comp:  

Gives the owner a burning sensation  :huh:

Ein%20Porsche%20hat%20Feuer%20gefangen.j

That's not gonna be cheap! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

That's not gonna be cheap! 

Something like that could probably ruin Lotus, but Porsche can pay for it from the petty cash! 

I'd have a 911 Turbo (997.2 or new) pdk, a GT3 or any of their supercar models.

FWIW - I've driven plenty of exotics (12C, SLS, 458, Aventador, Gallardo, etc etc), and the GT3 (997) is probably one of the most involving cars I've driven.  I bought the Lotus specifically because it's the closest thing to the GT3 which I can afford new with the same amount of driver involvement/feedback/enjoyment.  

Would love one, but you're after 350,000+ to buy one here in Australia.