free hit
counters
Senseless People & vandalism. - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Lex Templar

Senseless People & vandalism.

Sorry to hear about this. Had my daily driver vandalized 2 times within a week recently so I know how you feel (sorta) - if it had been my Esprit I probably would have taken to harsher measures.

People like this should just be shot or sent to work at a labor camp somewhere....

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '91 Elan SE | '97 XK8

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hope you get it sorted soon Lex, some people are mindless pricks and we can only hope they suffer a similar fate to something they own in the future, although not ideal at least they will know the pain it causes!

Painting the bumpers was on my list of things to do so must be over due, will look great when done.

Do or do not, there is no try! 

That is a true crime...Last year I had to deal with my neighbour reversing into my esprit several times..front and rear..I new it was her..yellow lotus. .Black golf..you can imagine the paint transference is obvious..the final time I actually saw it happen. Watched it. Heard the crunch. Confronted her. Absolute denial. Vial woman she is. So now the car has to live at my parents for safety. Some people are horrid. Makes you worry where you leave your pride and joy and how much itll cost you when you come back to it..

I think that what people do, come back to them in due time in some form. Being mocked, shot, robbed, becoming very ill etc. When people do something bad, it all comes back to them. Poor bastards, they'll toast soon enough. Very sorry to hear about the vandalism, and hope you have it repaired to your satisfaction soon. Things like this really test us and we have tonot let ourselves go down on their simple-minded criminal level, even though it's tempting; you are way too good a human being for that I reckon. If there's any light in this, at least it was not stolen, or set on fire. The times we live in these days I see more and more people hiding behind fences to be free of these kind of things. Understandable. Unfortunately I also think it just makes it worse as the scumbags get's even more angry at themselves and the rest of the community. Envy doesn't create anything good as we've seen.

Best thing is to keep it out of sight. In my country we say: " out of sight - out of mind". Good protection. That's what everyone I know do.

I am surprised that you actually could have it openly parked on the street for a few days without being stolen. In my town, it would have been stolen by xxxx's in ½ hour. The police? Never there.

Don't let the bitterness take over. Enjoy the possibility that you have, to get to drive your very nice and rare Esprit ;)

Darren: That woman belongs in a mental hospital.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Thanks for the support everyone. All will be ok with the car just not what I needed.

A lesson for me to not let the car out of my sight when I'm using it.

On the upside I have a beautiful Esprit that will look better than it did beforehand. Only way I can look at it.

Oi Oi Oi !

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

"If there's any light in this, at least it was not stolen, or set on fire"

Good one Jacques - is this a tradition where you live as well because it's become commonplace in Swedish cities? My parents in law recently had parts of their Volvo melted as some idiots had set fires to cars nearby in the same car park....

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '91 Elan SE | '97 XK8

Karma Lex. It'll come back and bite them on the ass!

Sorry to hear about this. about 2 years ago I picked up a new Scirrocco (work car not my choice) and parked it in Norwich. I came back and it had been keyed all the way down the side. Idiots.

Good to see it's being fixed though!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Balmain...not exactly a rough suburb so that's a shocker. If a car is not safe on the street there it's not safe anywhere.

Hope it all works out. I'll also be taking my car to Simply Sportscars eventually, glad to hear you've had good experiences with them.

Our Loti may even run into each other sometime, I'm in Camperdown.

I am surprised that you actually could have it openly parked on the street for a few days without being stolen. In my town, it would have been stolen by xxxx's in ½ hour. The police? Never there.

Er, whereabouts are you Jacques, so it can get crossed off my "must visit" list?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Talking about Senseless I was in Wymondham Thursday night when a group of youths fired some rockets into a crowd of young people (apparently their "mates").

I was hit and so was a young girl, who was worse injured than me after having her sock melted and a burn on her foot.

What is wrong with some people?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I am in Denmark. Nice and quiet place apart from some local "pockets" that everyone stay away from ;)

Kimbers: I think we should ask what is wrong with their parents?

That is also why an american guard shot and killed another fellow American in a closed caged neighbourhood, who was just talking a walk to a local store after dark. This reached even Denmark where I live, and caused a big stir and debate in public. Let's just say that bearing arms won't help what we talk about here.

After enough incidents, society installs certain measures that we can all suffer from. That is also another reason that I spoke on calming down, let it go, and keep up good behaviour. We will always be tested or tempted, but will have to go through it.

But of course a good punch in the face is tempting when seeing a punk spraying something over from cans.

Hmm, I Wonder why movies like "Death wish" staring Charles Bronson was made?

Is it because after so many generations of politicians, they Loose touch on society and only mind themselves  (well, some at least) ? Sorry for the ot.

Vanya: Yes, we have those "sweet" kids too. And their even sweeter parents... Fortunately mostly in small pockets in the major 3-4 Towns.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Edited by Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

I just cannot understand this lack of respect for someone else's property. I really don't get why you would want to damage something that is obviously someone's pride and joy. It's just senseless.

Years ago my Dad got a brand new Vauxhall Cavalier (don't laugh). It was the first brand new car he'd ever had, we went shopping and when we came back someone had spat all over it and wiped dog dirt on the handles. My Dad by then was in his late sixties and in bad health and it felt like someone had stuck a knife in him to me. All those years driving old cars and patching them up as his money was used to feed us and the first time he treated himself that happened. Absolute scum!

Man, do I relate to this thread, unfortunately. 

First, I was at the Americana Manhasset Concours d'Elegance on the 20th, and while leaving the parking lot (in locked traffic, and directional arrows on the pavement pointing forward), a woman in a VW SUV decided she'd had enough and decided to simply back up, right in to me...

post-6978-0-40817000-1383618061.jpg

Thank you very much! (She's gonna love the insurance bill.)

Then a few days ago I went to get my BMW, which was parked on the street...but it was gone. Then I found it by accident a few blocks away, with a window open, a few bucks missing from my glove box, and down a quarter tank of gas.

This is why we need to authorize garroting with rusty piano wire.

Edited by Moxie

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S