free hit
counters
New Personal Plate - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Thinking about changing the plate on my S1, currently it's ESPRIT.  A quick search of South Dakota's in use plates shows that these are still available:-

JB 007

BONDCAR

007HAD1

SPY CAR

77LOTUS

TWINCAM

2 CARBS

F1CHAMP

can be up to seven characters which incl spaces, so suggestions welcome.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stick with the one you've got. All of those are dreadful.

ESPRIT looks perfect to me Gavin.....you won't get better than that

S1 came up for sale a couple of years back in the UK. Sold for thousands!

What about PPW306R?

/Kim

I was going to suggest the same thing, very subtle and very cool for those who get it.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

TLF1. No? :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I really do like "007HAD1", but unfortunately we're only allowed 6 characters here.

How about some sort of British slang for "quick", "exotic", etc...  Anyone have any suggestions?

SEX4U?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I'd stick with ESPRIT, says it all really...

I've never been sure about personal plates though, many years ago a house in the St Johns Wood area of London used to have a couple of Ferrari's parked side by side in the drive way...

'NOT 1'

'BUT 2'

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

a couple of Ferrari's parked side by side in the drive way...

'NOT 1'

'BUT 2'

Yup I'd stick with ESPRIT too

With regard the ferraris could have been

H 15 and HER 5

Edited by Mr_John111

Sorry my take on personalised plates would be NAFF 1

You should think about getting that!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Over here the trait is to have your first name as your number plate. GROSS. This was introduced by some provinces as a source of income as my Esprit used to have the number 1WP.  The WP for Western Province. That is now sitting on my Esprit's previous owner's Ferrari. The smaller the name / number the higher the price you have to pay to the licensing department. 

I am curious as to whether the French have managed to make a statement with their plate numbering system or not as the last two letters are the area where the car is registered.

Not any more! French system has changed...it used to be that the last two digits were specific to where the vehicle was licensed, and if you moved departements you had to relicense the vehicle with a different number...the new system is sumed up by Wiki...

There is no longer a local département code as in the previous system, but only a sequential number. This number is allocated to a vehicle for its life and does not change if the car is sold or the owner moves. Plates may include a blue strip on the right, showing the Département Number of the owner's choice, plus the region logo of the chosen département, although this is not compulsory.[1] The département may be changed at all times without any change in the registration documents.

Regular license plates are black-on-white, front and rear. Temporary license plates are colored silver-on-red, both front and rear.[2]

Due to the current economic climate, the introduction of the new plates was postponed from 1 January 2009 until 15 April 2009 for all new cars.[3] It was again postponed until 15 October 2009 for all other vehicles due to computer bugs in the SIV system.[4] Effective 15 October 2009, all vehicles obtain license numbers according to the new format (provided, for the vehicles that already have a license number, their registration certificate is to be changed, e.g., the owner moves or the vehicle is sold).

I don't think that "personal plates" exist in France...

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I must say that I do find the British system of personalised plates a bit disconcerting as when I am driving in the U.K. my eyes are distracted from the road by observing some of the daft names that people have tried to make up with numbers and letters. With a Lotus, it is all about the car, not a silly number plate.