free hit
counters
Awaiting my new evora sport racer S IPS - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Awaiting my new evora sport racer S IPS

frizz

Ooooooh!. After 6 years without a lotus,( last one being esprit sport 350 which has now sadly gone to australia) I have finally taken the plunge. Had a visit to the Lotus factory which was a great experience and shown round the production line. 2 things I was suprised about was the amount of exports going through and the meticulous quality control. Although I won't be taking delivery till end of the month, I cant help feeling a little excited. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nice, the S IPS was my favourite :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Coool. I want an IPS SR. We'll need photos and a review on the transmission.

Thank you.

Awesome

Sudders and Dany

Loving mine, though manual not IPS. Great improvement in quality over my 2010, interior is excellent and it feels really "taught" next to the earlier car. Even the new Alpine unit is great! Turns heads even more than the last one too

Welcome to TLF Fraser. :welcome:

Where in Oz did your 350 go to? And mucho congrats on the evora. :thumbsup:

You should duck over to the Introductions section and say hi in there. Also look at the regional groups section.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Hi all, and cheers for the positiveness. Yep, I went for the white one.

The IPS is really sharp considering it's basically an auto box.(Well it was on the demo model).

So different to the S4 and 350 I had.

I am not sure which part of Oz the 350 went to.

post-16055-0-83843000-1384175403.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well, Had my Evora for while now and I just love it. The first weekend

without constant rain.

Still cant take it to its full potential though, (running in. Not allowed to go beyond 4,000 rpm).

Although the running in procedure mentions about being allowed to drive it enthusiastically.

Everything is so sharp. The IPS is really good, and when you change down

in sports mode it blips the throttle.

The front number plate is stuck stuck on.

Good luck with that!  You would be stopped within minutes up this way if my experience is anything to go by.  I had done the same on a Hillman Imp (okay - many years ago) and was stopped and told that they had to be upright and only on historic cars with the old black and silver plates would it be acceptable. Maybe the law is a bit more accommodating but I'd somehow doubt it in this day and age on anew car.

Anyway looks the dogs dangly bits overall.  I too am tempted by the boards but haven't fitted because the black SR sill effect to a certain extent makes the boards have less of an impact and I suspect SWMBO will step on them as she already struggles getting in and out.  Still swithering though!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Thanks for your concern regarding number plate position, but I looked into it before placing it there.

It seems that this a rather grey area.

It's as vertical as possible and can be read from 20 metres away. If the old bill should pick me up on this

I shall move it to the NS vertical surface under the headlight. 

Fortunately the rozzers near where I live don't seem to target motorists too much unless you're a

spotty teenager in a corsa with an exhaust the size of a dustbin driving through the high street at 60 mph.

I made the boards myself from marine grade Ali with a 12mm rolled edge.

Took me several goes to get them right because I didn't want to struggle getting in and out myself

and bonded them on using

post-16055-0-04844500-1394556458.jpg

Just a note;the GT4 barge boards have 14 fasteners on each side and I'm sure it's not without reason. Yours might fly off exactly when you don't want that to happen.

Edited by TBD

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Hi Thomas

I appreciate your concern but I have done my calculations.

The tensile strength of the three existing bolts used equates to 2175 kgs,

the bond 1262 kgs, the five tags bonded and rivited that fit between the bodywork and chassis 340kgs which gives a total of 3777kgs of downward force required per side for them to fly off.

I have not seen any official figures as to the amount of downforce gained by barge boards.

I assume that the 14 fixings for GT4 fitment is to spread the load over the composite bodywork.

Anyway, that aside, I didn't want to drill holes in my new car to fit planks of wood.

Doing it this way the car can be restored to original without any expensive repair/replacement of parts. And if and when I sell the car and the next owner wishes to remove them, they can do so with the help of releasing agent.

Fortunately the rozzers near where I live don't seem to target motorists too much unless you're a

spotty teenager in a corsa with an exhaust the size of a dustbin driving through the high street at 60 mph.

Lol :D