free hit
counters
V8 oil change - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

On a 2002 V8 Esprit, when I change the oil do I remove the( inner) bolt that carries the oil temp sensor or the big bolt including the oil temp sensor to drain the sump ??? If I can remove the small bolt with the oil temp sensor, what is the torque setting to screw it back. I know it is 24 pound/foot for the big one.

thanks!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a 2002 V8 Esprit, when I change the oil do I remove the( inner) bolt that carries the oil temp sensor or the big bolt including the oil temp sensor to drain the sump ??? If I can remove the small bolt with the oil temp sensor, what is the torque setting to screw it back. I know it is 24 pound/foot for the big one.

thanks!!

The sump bolt is the big one. The temp sensor just happens to screw into the sump bolt. I'd guess if you just took the temp sensor out it would take a long time to drain and you may not get the sump full emptied. Don't forget to do it with a warm engine. Renewing the sump bolt washer each time is always best practice as well.

Jeff

thanks!!

Be extremely careful when unplugging the sensor line. Don't break it. If you accidently removed the small plug be very careful when putting it back in. Finger tight plus a hair more should do. Any more and the brass plug will crack in half. It will cost you at least $50 to replace. I love my Esprit but this is a real Lotus f-up on design. That's just my opinion.

Have fun