free hit
counters
SJ Sportscars s2 rear boot carpet - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
vintaylor

SJ Sportscars s2 rear boot carpet

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me the total amount of pieces required to fit the complete rear boot carpet?  I bought a carpet set from the UK a while back and I have a feeling I am missing a piece.

Pictures would be perfect if possible :)

In total I have a large rear carpet (include space for battery cover), 2 wheel arch carpet covers, 2 smaller carpet (for on top of fuel tanks it seems), one large cover for back of the rear bulkhead and a single other carpet cover .. and finally the tonneau cover

Here are the pics:

WP_20131112_006_zps017a4f9f.jpg

WP_20131112_004_zps9d5eb0e8.jpg

WP_20131112_003_zps093be5f2.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cant help you Vin but have been thinking about buying a SJ carpet set. What does the quality (other than missing a part) look like? Actually have you emailed Steve?

Buddsy

I might be looking into getting a replacement cockpit carpet set if I can find one in Brown.

Will have to look into costings for a UK manufactured set rather than making one from scratch here in Malta

Hi vin,

Looks like you're missing the pieces that continue from the large carpet towards the bulkhead and over the fuel tanks. The 2 small angled you have pieces go on the ply boards that slot under the small side windows.

Pete

Vin the one circled in the picture goes on top of the engine cover. You are missing two pieces that lay on the plywood covers over the fuel tank and back along either side of the engine cover.

Roo

Roo's correct. Do you have the plywood boards that go over the fuel tanks to create the boot floor in that section? If so that is the template for your carpet.

Pete

I think I do ... The PO removed all the boot boards and I put them in storage a while back..

I'll dig them out and try and line everything up... Just hoping everything is there! Fingers crossed!!

My mistake as thinking of S1...doh!

I thought that was one of the side ones, seems you are missing two then, about to order my engine bay set so will chat to Steve on phone first.

Don't think I still have all my carpets but will check the loft as you can have that section if it is there.

Try this photo Vin, gives you a glimpse alongside the engine cover, they get wider at the front.

Roo

www.jpsesprit.com

IMG_0283.JPG

image_url-14808-1369169296.jpg
007l.jpg
007j.jpg

Edited by v8vantage
  • Like 1

Thanks for the pics !

Looks like I'm missing 2 pieces then.. I'll take another good look and bring out all the boot boards and see what I've got and what's missing..

Roo that boot area looks super clean! ;)

Finally had a look through the old carpet set I had in storage and it found the parts missing from the new kit.. Looks like I'll get a set made up here in Malta

WP_20140119_002_zpsac6c279c.jpg

Does anyone know what the following boot board is used for?

WP_20140119_001_zpsb758cd88.jpg

Vin have a look at Iain's S2, he's just redone his boot boards and carpet. http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/60824-iains-2013-s2-exterior-restoration-full-repainting/page-3

post-1858-0-47794400-1385359231.jpg

post-1858-0-35699700-1384063417.jpg