free hit
counters
Lotus Racing V6 Power Upgrade - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Racing V6 Power Upgrade

Got a link? All I could find on their site for the Exige V6 was 3 radiators and fuel tank.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/worlds-1st-tuned-new-exige-s-v6-124329/index2.html

nothing more from komo-tec than:

Now it's been time to go with another Stage, let's call it 2.5 biggrin.gif

This sums up to another 15hp (compared to Phase 2) making it 425hp at the crank respectively nearly 375hp to the wheels! 

edit:Hah, google is your friend

Edited by stook

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me have a word with my man in the know.   I'm keen to get it done.   The car really doesn't need a whole heap more power, sure 500bhp would be hilarious in a straight line but much over 400bhp

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/worlds-1st-tuned-new-exige-s-v6-124329/index2.html

nothing more from komo-tec than:

Now it's been time to go with another Stage, let's call it 2.5 biggrin.gif

This sums up to another 15hp (compared to Phase 2) making it 425hp at the crank respectively nearly 375hp to the wheels! 

edit:Hah, google is your friend

nothing against komo-tec but think we will wait for the Lotus upgrade

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

That's an impressive curve on both torque and power. I would be a little concerned about intake temps. Any idea what they get up to?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Guest surferphil

380bhp in an Exige would be dramatic, that's the same bhp as the Lotus Carlton had!

Of course Trevor is absolutely correct that learning to use all of the standard 345bhp around a circuit is a better use of time and money.

I'm sure the brakes, chassis and suspension could easily cope with another 30-40bhp. Much beyond that and you might be getting into straight-line speed at the expense of some cornering ability, which is not really what the Exige is all about. Is the Hennessy Venom a great Exige? No.

Still, 380bhp would definitely not go to waste at the Kemmel straight at Spa or at the Nurburgring. The V6S lapped the 'ring in 7.53 which is hugely impressive. A genuine 380bhp might be worth another 10 seconds around there, maybe more.

Lotus had tuned a V6 Evora (Toyota engine) to produce more power than the 4L Cosworth/ Evora GTE engine (that produces 470 BHP) over a year ago, so 380 is possible the Lotus way.

There are a few companies developing an intercooler kit for the Exige V6, that'd be what I expect would be necessary for any sort of consistent performance.