free hit
counters
Esprit engine 2.2 + 2 + v8 with new in 2007 bio ethanol E85 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit engine 2.2 + 2 + v8 with new in 2007 bio ethanol E85

ukrocketcar

Hi, somebody knows ?

can we use this new fuel in Esprit :

1.directly :(

2.with engine ligth modification :lol:

3.with engine heavy modification :(

4. impossible to use E 85 :)

5. Performance

6. reliability

And what happen with catalysm , and all components around the engine :pipes, rubber tubes....

Patrick

"Aut tace aut loquere meliora silentio" Salvator Rosa when 25 years old National Gallery London

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, somebody knows ?

1.directly :D

2.with engine ligth modification :D

3.with engine heavy modification :D

4. impossible to use E 85 :(

5. Performance

6. reliability

And what happen with catalysm , and all components around the engine :pipes, rubber tubes....

Patrick

I only know 2 things about it

(1)yes, you need modification

**may be you can study the latest Volvo concept car (it accept 5 different kinds of fuels)

http://www.azom.com/details.asp?newsID=5990

http://www.gizmag.co.uk/go/5740/

(2)the performance is the same as petrol, and no damage to the rubber tubes, pipes, components.

Edited by esprithk

I only know 2 things about it

(1)yes, you need modification

**may be you can study the latest Volvo concept car (it accept 5 different kinds of fuels)

http://www.azom.com/details.asp?newsID=5990

http://www.gizmag.co.uk/go/5740/

(2)the performance is the same as petrol, and no damage to the rubber tubes, pipes, components.

hi,

thank you very much for this first volvo study .

.....What will be Lotus engine modification :D

futures answers welcome.

Patrick

"Aut tace aut loquere meliora silentio" Salvator Rosa when 25 years old National Gallery London

Hi, somebody knows ?

1.directly :D

2.with engine ligth modification :D

3.with engine heavy modification :D

4. impossible to use E 85 :(

5. Performance

6. reliability

Patrick

I know the bioethanol E85 is much better to get higer performance.Its about 102okt RON + it will cool the charge temp much better than petrol.But the fuelconsumption is going up about 20%-40% depends of how the engine is build.

You will need a complete new timing and fuel map so its not possible to put it on cars with a map only for petrol.

Ask this guys who are making chip for the esprit,can they alter the timing and fuel so it works on E85?

I can make may Esprit with Autonic sm4 ECU to work with E85.I only have to make a new fuel and timing map and its only how much time I`m willing to use to get a good result.

Its always possible but it is worth the hasle/money?

We are limit with a lot of other thing on the Esprit anyway and to get 370-400bhp its much cheaper to use petrol.

89 Lotus Esprit Turbo S

Very fast road and trackday car.

GT3076R+ a lot of other modifications.

http://lotusespritwo...inZzdningz.html

I know the bioethanol E85 is much better to get higer performance.Its about 102okt RON + it will cool the charge temp much better than petrol.But the fuelconsumption is going up about 20%-40% depends of how the engine is build.

You will need a complete new timing and fuel map so its not possible to put it on cars with a map only for petrol.

Ask this gays who are making chip for the esprit,can they alter the timing and fuel so it works on E85?

I can make may Esprit with Autonic sm4 ECU to work with E85.I only have to make a new fuel and timing map and its only how much time I`m willing to use to get a good result.

Its always possible but it is worth the hasle/money?

We are limit with a lot of other thing on the Esprit anyway and to get 370-400bhp its much cheaper to use petrol.

hi Rydning,

thank's fot your time in your very interesting answer and way to follow to hit the soluce :o

We have successfully converted a VR6 Ford Galaxy with a bivalent-LPG-GASOLINE system. Runs verry smooth.

I wonder if it would work on a turbo......

:o

hi,

Turbo and ecolo that's one new question, I don't know "green right thinker ..as they said :) " driving Esprit ....

good start with your S4 web . If you want to put S4 models in a gallery other S4 in the world by exemple i can send you pic of mine.

Patrick