free hit
counters
Clutch Fork Grommet - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Drumbogle

Clutch Fork Grommet

I'm struggling to find a supplier of a Clutch Fork Grommet for my Elite S1 (part no: A075Q6012ZA).  I have tried a few 'usual suspects' ... Paul Matty Sportscars, SJ Sportscars.  I've also had a trawl online and eBay.  Does anyone have a spare to sell or know of a supplier?

I hope someone can help!

Regards,

Anthony

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks LotusPoint.  They may not be cheap, but it's the only supplier I've found so far!  I've sent an email to Rdent and hope that they can supply me.  I really do appreciate your help.

Many thanks,

Anthony

Bump for this.  Have just noticed that mine is not in a good condition and needs replacing.  Is there anywhere this side of the Atlantic that might have one in stock?  Have tried cross-referencing part numbers from http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Holland-Bailer-GROMMET-CLUTCH-LEVER-FOR-FORD-ENGINES-/251545733657 but to no avail :(

Sorry Dave.  Having bought mine (expensively) from the USA, I stopped looking.  Nothing I can help with at the moment.  Sorry!

Good luck, Anthony

I'm looking into the possibility of getting a mould cast and then making replacements using a curable polymer.

This is what I believe 'rdent' has done so see no reason why we can't do the same over here.

I have a mate with a metal foundry who can make an ally mould for not too much money using the original part

Will keep you posted - if this were to work it could be applied to all obsolete rubber-ware (oooow-errrr Mrs!)

To save me getting mine off just yet, can anyone let me have basic dimensions so I can pursue costs?

565c68bda10a8_clutchforkboot.jpg.2b169dd

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

I can try and get mine off this weekend if nobody beats me to it.  Will be able to give you a rough length/width/height.

Hi Ant.Will also like to hear if you have any success with this.Rdent are very expensive £31.00 + P&P at current exchange rates.

😈

Well I'll get the dimensions to you, Ant, this weekend I hope.

If this went ahead, what sort of timeframe would we be looking at?

Not sure to be honest but I will get them to the foundry asap and see where we go. Cost of tooling might make it expensive for one or two but having a long term pattern and this forum to offer replacements might make it a runner. Get me the dimensions and I'll progress as soon as I can.

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?