free hit
counters
New V8 springs and dampers - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
airbusdrvr

New V8 springs and dampers

Howdy all,

Is anyone going to buy the new spring and damper kit from Lotus for their V8? The stock suspension works good except on the track there is noticable lean. I'm not sure if its even available yet. The last update on LEW was the beginning of August.

What other suspension upgrades has anyone put on?

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The Lotus stuffs still being fitted to the test cars to make sure everything's ok. This will be completed around mid-October. Hopefully it will be available shortly afterwards.

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

FYI,

I justed added SPAX fully adjustable dampers to my 02 V8.......

Excellent value. I got them from Jeff at JAE....

You can adjust the valving and ride height=super cool!

I was able to lower my car and it is rock solid, no lean

Ian

jetfixr123

Did you upgrade the springs along with the Spax dampers? If yes, what spring rate are you running?

Also, have you added the Sport 350 sway bar? I am looking to stiffen my suspension for track days.

Thanks, Craig

2001 Esprit V8

1985 911 Carrera converted to 1974 RSR IROC race car

1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS350 convertible (goes fast and straight - limited handling!)

www.hollowayperformance.com

Picked up my car yesterday with the new Lotus dampers/springs and polybushes/balljoints/anti-roll bars. Dealer said it was quite a big job (30hrs) given every single nut and bolt was rusted solid. The ride height looks slightly higher but that could be because the old springs/dampers were absolutely knackered. The drive home was surprisingly comfortable!! Could be that I got used to an unresponsive suspension and the new one does what it should. Need to drive it for longer to get a proper feel. What are other peoples experience?