free hit
counters
Lewis Collins dies - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lewis Collins dies

Loose Cannon

Just read that Lewis Collins has died aged 67, made famous as Bodie in The Professionals, the show that made everyone want to drive a sporty Ford. Us Lotus fans probably remember his film Who Dares Wins which was pretty forgettable apart from his scenes driving a beautiful copper coloured Eclat Riviera.

I know he got a bit of stick, but I didn't think he was  bad actor at all, certainly he did a good part in a Jack the Ripper film a while back

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed The Professionals, very sad news :no

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Looking back it was sad he didn't get the role of Bond after Moore, they reckoned he was too aggressive, but what do we have now? A musclebound mute seemingly modelled more on Steve McQueen than Sean Connery.

Anyone remeber the Cuckoo Waltz, pre-Professionals? I used to like him in that especially since he drove a Lotus, but went off him when he switched to a Lancia...

Does anyone have any pictures of him with the Lotus in Cuckoo Waltz? I once tried contacting him through his son Oliver who said he would ask, but never heard more. In my head it was an Esprit, but may have been a Europa.

Looking back it was sad he didn't get the role of Bond after Moore, they reckoned he was too aggressive, but what do we have now? A musclebound mute seemingly modelled more on Steve McQueen than Sean Connery.

Anyone remeber the Cuckoo Waltz, pre-Professionals? I used to like him in that especially since he drove a Lotus, but went off him when he switched to a Lancia...

Does anyone have any pictures of him with the Lotus in Cuckoo Waltz? I once tried contacting him through his son Oliver who said he would ask, but never heard more. In my head it was an Esprit, but may have been a Europa.

It was a white Elite/Éclat. 

Sad news

Love the professionals.  Very sad to hear this out and about today.

The series is finally getting a proper remaster for a 2014 hi def release.  One of the things I am looking forward to next year, shame he won't be around to see it.

A very sad loss.

And in the Who Dares Wins film where he played Peter Skellen

[url=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/lrgmachine/media/i042102_zpsfd4eabf1.jpg.html]i042102_zpsfd4eabf1.jpg[/u

RL]

Dont think he had a Lotus in the Cuckoo Waltz though, it was white but not Lotus

Edited by lrg_machine

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

Sad news.  He would have been a Daniel Craig type of Bond.  Ahead of his time, I suppose.  I enjoyed Cuckoo Waltz.

3.jpg

Edited by USAndretti42

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

The series is finally getting a proper remaster for a 2014 hi def release.  One of the things I am looking forward to next year, shame he won't be around to see it.

Strange, but everyone blamed Martin Shaw for blocking its release as he was supposedly embarrassed by it now he's a "proper" ac-tor, but in an interview I'm sure he let slip it was Lewis who wasn't keen? You would think he would want the cash. Anyone know the full story?

Yep just seen a clip - a white Pantera

Damn, another childhood memory blitzed...

Fairly certain Martin was blocking the show being repeated on the ITV network, and only relented after Gordon Jackson died so that his widow would get the royalties for the repeats.

Obviously the show has had endless repeats mainly on ITV4 since then, but they have always been crap quality transmission copies.  Its finally getting a proper re-mastering from the original source material.

Edited by Nelly9000

Proper sad, another part of my childhood gone :(

There is a good interview on you tube with Lewis on the Bob Mills show from 1997, probably one of his last. Seemed a really nice guy.

Oh and I have the Professionals on DVD :)

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"