free hit
counters
Alunox 321 SS Manifold for Esprit Turbo Group Buy - Page 11 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Alunox 321 SS Manifold for Esprit Turbo Group Buy

Changes mentioned: " The primary support of the secondary / collector section of the manifold is the turbo which has no weight bearing issues, it is self supporting within its own semi flexible mounts.  Contrary to the rumors the turbo acts as a mounting platform for the manifold.   The bracket is secondary.   This does mean your turbo / exhaust and charge cooler supports should be in good order."

My 1985 had only the manifold as a support for the turbo. I took a look through the later parts books, but am unable to find a description of the semi flexible mounts . Does anyone have a picture or diagram showing the turbo mounts handy?

I wanted a more vertical path for bump shocks to avoid any horizontal thrust from the angled turnbuckle, and to utilize the M10 hole in the bell housing of the Citroen for a more secure mount, so I made this up .

NewAlunoxBraceSmall (1a).jpg

AlunoxBraceNewSmall (5).jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 04/01/2016 at 18:51, snowrx said:

I took a look through the later parts books, but am unable to find a description of the semi flexible mounts . Does anyone have a picture or diagram showing the turbo mounts handy?

IMG_20150413_161416754.jpg.98d7b3dd3d235

Thomas

What was being referred to was the mounts shown above,  (A) is the rear rubber mount for the Charge cooler or induction pipe for the plenum.. (B)  is the rubber connecting hose between the compressor and induction pipe. (D) is the exhaust its self , this has its own anti vibe flex mount at the back box. 

HPIM4039.JPG.ca8876f00bedc4df46f46a90c44

(C) is the front rubber mount for the charge cooler or induction pipe.

When these are all in good serviceable condition they will completely support the turbo's weight with ease whilst allowing sufficient flex for the manifold to breathe with the expansion.      

Thanks for the detailed reply & photos Changes. My exhaust has a flex section, and I lack the overhead charge cooler hose to hang the turbo from, so  I was wondering if I had missed some hardware updates somewhere. Something to ponder while I try to plumb in a charge cooler around my tall fuel rail.

SecondlFuelRailSmall (2).jpg