free hit
counters
Car tax disc - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Car tax disc

jonwat

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds like a good idea to me*! 

*and a timely note as I was about to spend £500 on TLF tax disc holders! :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

*and a timely note as I was about to spend £500 on TLF tax disc holders! :lol:

That sort of thing normally happens to me AFTER I've spent the money.  :lol:

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

Literally, we were meant to finish the order yesterday but I was too busy! Poor bloke's been chasing me about it for a couple of months too! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I liked them too! 

:lol:

DnYiwSd.png

Evora NA

Always easier when it's over 12 months! 

Is this going to be the end of Royal Mail though? Can you imagine how much the DVLA spend with them sending out reminders and tax discs?

Evora NA

Always easier when it's over 12 months! 

And even better when nothing to pay at all - I always did think what a waste of energy going down to the post office to get a tax disc that says £0.00

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

How will you know how much tax a car has on it when you buy it?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Guest surferphil

A receipt I expect, or for those with a computer maybe they will put it on the DVLA Vehicle enquiry page? It would be helpful VIC marker on there too if anyone is reading.  :thumbup:

It's about time we got rid of these, stupid law stupid DVLA. And to qualify this outrageously opinionated view I will say: I have had 2 discs stolen from my car/bike and the arse at DVLA said I had to pay the tax again! And I did! Oh how I don't miss that thing.

Hoorah!!  Under my government I'd just stop the annual tax all together and use the fuel duty to cover it, save messing about with it all together!  :whistle:

Those TLF disc holders looked right smart Bibs! 

Guest Mutley00

Hoorah!!  Under my government I'd just stop the annual tax all together and use the fuel duty to cover it, save messing about with it all together!  :whistle:

Excellent idea Phil  - great minds think alike! Next time I see Mr Clegg in the local boozer I'll tell him. I've already bent his ear about why I have to pay £25 each year to keep a reg plate on retention.

Why I have to pay Road Tax on my Loti that do less than 2k miles a year, when my mate pays nothing on a 2 litre Audio Diesel that does over 50k miles a year is beyond me - I though Road Tax was supposed to fund road repairs not just appease the green fraternity.

How will you know how much tax a car has on it when you buy it?

Maybe we should put forward an idea.

When you pay, you can print out a receipt, in the shape of a disc..... that you put inside the car.... :X

just had a thought. Bibs could get some holders made up for them.

Edited by Whirlybird
  • Like 1

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

Will you still be required to get 6 or 12 months or will it be monthly? If monthly, you'll never buy a car with tax again.

Evora NA

Guest surferphil

Excellent idea Phil  - great minds think alike! Next time I see Mr Clegg in the local boozer I'll tell him. I've already bent his ear about why I have to pay £25 each year to keep a reg plate on retention.

Why I have to pay Road Tax on my Loti that do less than 2k miles a year, when my mate pays nothing on a 2 litre Audio Diesel that does over 50k miles a year is beyond me - I though Road Tax was supposed to fund road repairs not just appease the green fraternity.

Yes the more you use the road the more fuel you use/tax you pay and of course those fuel efficient cars the gov want us to drive will be cheaper as they use less fuel so the greeny thing still works....

• 9 months later...
  • Gold FFM

So who's still going to display their tax disc from tomorrow 1st October?

I'm changing my main car on Friday, so I'll be testing the new system out. Apparently once I've bought the car I phone up the DVLA and give them the details and make a payment, then I'm instantly covered. I do lose out of it though, as my existing car has 10 months left on it, but as I'll be 3 DAYS in to the month I lose that months tax when they give me the rebate. Then I pay again for the month of October for the new car. Of all the cars that are bought and sold the government will be making a tidy sum on this I reckon, when in the past the new owner of the car would have benefited. 

Signature not working...

We've been 'diskless' here for a few years now in Southern Australia.  New problems have arisen from brainless people - like not remembering to renew their invisible tax disk even though they get a renewal letter.  And also there's been a few occurences where travelling interstate the people are being fined for not showing their tax label, because some states still have to show labels. 

It's all about government trying to save money.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

The issue with the rebate process under the new system means HMG will get double bubble unless all transactions migrate to month end. Rebates will only be for whole months. So sell your car taxed through to the end of December on the 3rd October and you will get a rebate for November and December. But your buyer will have to tax it from 3rd October. So tax is effectively paid twice for the period 3-31 October. Nice little earner. Apparently DVLA systems can't handle pro rata rebates, but can process pro rata payments. How convenient.

See Marks post. It's a way of making more money for no work at all.

It would be very simple to process prorata refunds and to offer date to date tax but it wouldn't mean 2 people paying for the same thing. It's got to be worth a small fortune, the number of cars which will have overlapping tax. It's almost like the 80-odd pence a litre tax they charge on fuel isn't enough.

Robbery, plain and simple.

Riot, anyone?

Evora NA