free hit
counters
Lotus offers! - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

LOTUS SPORT

We are offering you the opportunity to authenticate your vehicle with Lotus and collect paperwork on 9th October 2006.

We only have 30 slots available and will work on a first come first served basis. These must be booked before 3rd October 2006.

For only

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Geometry check should be a no brainer really, especially for the G cars.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Is the authentication service one that Lotus provides on an otherwise routine, postal request basis?

(for those of us condemned to watch the LEF Factory Day play out from afar...<_<)

As far as I'm aware, no it's not I'm afraid.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi Bibs

Taken advantage of and booked both certificate and geonmetry check, just wondering how the service work fits in with the tour/track timings. I've requested with Annette and she said that she can do geometry check 1st thing, but don't really want to miss out on track time with the car if it's in a service bay. What are your thoughts?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Hi Bibs

Taken advantage of and booked both certificate and geonmetry check, just wondering how the service work fits in with the tour/track timings. I've requested with Annette and she said that she can do geometry check 1st thing, but don't really want to miss out on track time with the car if it's in a service bay. What are your thoughts?

You will be split into groups of approx 40 and each group will be doing one activity. Just make sure you are in a group with later track times. <_<

Hope thats ok.

TK

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I've booked my build book stuff and they've had a few calls already today. Get in quick <_<

Evora NA

Just called and they're fully booked on the geometry checks. :)

Bazza

Guessed that would be popular at that cost.

Also booked my in for Geometry check and Certificate

I also need the brakes done so I might be cheeky and ask for that instead of an A service. :) - especially as I'll be going round the track later. <_<

Marie says fine, please call glenn and let him know what you require. :) Very accomadating.

That'll teach me not to get on the ball asap - I was rather hoping to get the geometry check!

Never mind! <_<

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Just had a call from Lotus - they've got a few more Geo slots available !!! <_<

Bazza

Booked mine in for new steering rack and front end check over, so will have to let them have car 1st thing. Gonna cost

Got mine in for the Geometry check...

As long as what I get is more than "It's wrong" cos I can b100dy tell that for myself for free!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Slightly concerned as had a call back from Glen this afternoon saying that due to time constraints, the geometry check is that only and NO adjustments. I was really interested in getting suspension set up by the factory and it seems this is now not happening. Has anyone else had this said to them? I feel a little guilty saying this after all the hard work gone in to arrange, but I feel slightly dissapointed.

Regards

Mat

Slightly concerned as had a call back from Glen this afternoon saying that due to time constraints, the geometry check is that only and NO adjustments. I was really interested in getting suspension set up by the factory and it seems this is now not happening. Has anyone else had this said to them? I feel a little guilty saying this after all the hard work gone in to arrange, but I feel slightly dissapointed.

Problem is that they cannot guarantee getting the suspension on and still let you go home :huh: Fine if there are no problems but if they have to start drilling bolts out etc, you would be stuffed. As to the geometry check, this is your one and only chance to have the vehicle fully checked over by the people who really know how it should be set up. This is a one hour check so it's not just a case of "nope it's wrong mate", you would also be fully informed of anything you need doing/adjusting.

You have to look at this the same as you do your certificate and build details.

Kimbers

Thanks for speedy post, feel a lot better now, it did feel a bit like "Yes it's right/no it's wrong" but a full diagnosis would be great even if no time to fix.

Regards

Mat

Mat

Glen told me the same thing but did say that I could take the print out away and then get a local Lotus dealer to adjust the set up if need be.

Not ideal but I totally understand where they're coming from and wouldn't want to be stranded in deepest darkest Norfolk if they couldn't put it back together again.. :huh:

Bazza

Mat

Glen told me the same thing but did say that I could take the print out away and then get a local Lotus dealer to adjust the set up if need be.

Not ideal but I totally understand where they're coming from and wouldn't want to be stranded in deepest darkest Norfolk if they couldn't put it back together again.. :huh:

Bazza

Baz, I asked them about the ice blue paint, but they sold last unwanted 10,000 gallons to the council for a fiver, they needed a cheap under coat to paint on all school railings!

Just a thought about the geo. Sinclairs do the above job for

There is still the odd geometry slot available if people want them...

Bugger - kinda missed this - geo is not a prob but the cerstificate would have been nice, nuts :D

Give Annette a call anway Jonathon. I rang today on the off chance and was told no probs. Paid my

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg