free hit
counters
S2 crying for help! - Page 8 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LOTUSMAN33

S2 crying for help!

Wish you had went Roman Bronze for some strange reason i really like the colour, I have actually been considering paint my S1 Esprit that colour although its original colour is red.

ross

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Maybe wrong but I don't think the disc covers are available. They don't look too bad. quick shot blast and a coating of POR15 should be all you need...

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Thanks for the replies was hoping someone knew of some, they are not bad Pete possibly repair them for now I will have a go at making some the new ones when work is not so busy. anybody got a near side rear quater glass in green tint?

I'm having front disk covers made at the moment from stainless. They are going to be £120 each so I'm only getting 10 pairs made.

Matt

1976 Esprit S1 123G, 1976 Esprit S1 166G, 1976 Esprit S1 170G, 1976 Esprit S1 228G, 1977 Esprit S1 564H, 1978 Esprit S1 326G, 1978 Esprit S1 329G, 1978 Esprit S1 336G, 1981 Esprit S2.2 0991, 1997 Elise S1

Really wish you'd stuck with original colour. Those old 70s pics Dave put up at the start of this thread looked so cool.

• Like 1

Yeah I'd have gone original too. Did they ever paint an S2 metallic back in the day?

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Orange is nice though. This magazine article has a lot to answer for

image.jpeg

i was obsessed at the time - and it hasn't got any better

Only here once

4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Orange is nice though. This magazine article has a lot to answer for

image.jpeg

i was obsessed at the time - and it hasn't got any better

Yes but that's an original colour (and pretty damn nice it looks too). The S2 never came in orange.

I know Roman Bronze ain't the prettiest of colours but it is original and period correct for this 70s car and I reckon it would grow on you.

post-10978-0-83503500-1391373080.jpg

post-10978-0-00805400-1392984287.jpg

• Like 1

Roman bronze might of grown on me but I just don't like brown cars we painted a test panel in roman bronze and it still didn't do it for me. I know its not original  but there are a lot of esprit out there not in there original factory colours i just wanted something different. I have never seen a S2 in orange I saw a evora in the orange and liked it, but I must admit it is a lot brighter than I thought hoping fully built it will tone it down.

Fair enough, I think most people resore to original specifications, so it's interesting when someone does something different!

Essex Blue wasn't original on the S2. OK only 1 year out but it looks so damn good! To me anyway...

Way better than my car's original red which made it look cheap. 

Good luck with the orange. Wouldn't have been my choice but it's your car, do what the hell you want with it just as long as it puts a smile on your face every time you look at it!

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Smile on face ??

that orange would make my nether regions twitch !! Lots 

• Like 1

Only here once

I'm of the view if you like it paint it that colour. No car that's forty years old is original. Matching numbers, found the original engine, yeh right. It looks great, enjoy and I look forward to seeing it. Of course white would have been better!???.

Thks for the positive comments appreciated when I am a bit  concerned it's a bit on the bright side i am sure it will look good fully built at least it's the only one around lol your correct how many cars are fully original at 40 years old, I love white esprit and that would of been my choice my son talked me out of it!

3 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

No car that's forty years old is original

My Esprit is 34 years young in 7 days time and is original :thumbsup:

@darenwsmith orange is stunning

Great choice of colour Daren

Roman Bronze Yuck !

Keep up the good work :)

Matt

1976 Esprit S1 123G, 1976 Esprit S1 166G, 1976 Esprit S1 170G, 1976 Esprit S1 228G, 1977 Esprit S1 564H, 1978 Esprit S1 326G, 1978 Esprit S1 329G, 1978 Esprit S1 336G, 1981 Esprit S2.2 0991, 1997 Elise S1

Well done Darren, so glad this poor car went to a good home and finally restored to its former glory. I would loved to have seen you go for Roman Bronze but like the Orange you have chosen. Are you going with gold or silver wheels? Did you get some speedlines or sticking with the split rims?

You are doing a great job and look forward to seeing it finished as should look quite unique and very striking to the eye. ?

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Hi Dave nice to hear from you hope you are well, the car is coming on well I know nearly everyone on here thinks I should of gone Roman Bronze but I had test panels painted and really was not for me so I decided to do something different to everyone else right or wrong I have still saved it poor thing and the colour is growing on me!

Just stripped the engine this week and done another shopping list, chassis is getting built up in between other bits, ive got my workshop making new front brake covers replaced every nut,bolt, door pins, st/St bonnet hinges & catches the list is endless as you know so I am trying my best for the poor car and keep another S2 on the road.

I have the set of speed lines in silver I got from you which really look good but I do like those split rims polished with gold inners against the colour of the body so once finished I will fit both to see what looks the best.

• Like 1