free hit
counters
Best like minded peeps in the Lotus world - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Best like minded peeps in the Lotus world

Gotta say, I'm an old bugger and Lotus through and through.

With the exception of the guys on Eclat/Excel - of which most seem to be here :rolleyes:

This is without doubt THE most friendly Lotus forum I've been on.

Seems were all happy to take the pee a bit, enjoy the cars, Esprit or not, and get together at the drop of a hat.

Information exhange on technical issues is superb when needed, and I'm covering my old forums less and less as they are increasing turning into control freak and bravado zones. Mostly young pups with no experience and no wish to learn.

I'm sold - think I will always keep the Eclat Excel, but the Turbo Esprit never goes away in my mind. Even she indoors is happy to take that route now as it will shut me the **** up !

Please say hello and tell me tales of woe at Castle Coombe on Saturday, can't wait.

Bob - the most happy Lotus bunny for a long time - cheers all.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Bob 100% this is the Worlds No.1 Esprit forum :angry: And once we banish the Stevens people it will be even better!!!! IM ONLY KIDDING Paul C :) p.s. Wish I could make it to Castle Combe :rolleyes:

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg
With the exception of the guys on Eclat/Excel - of which most seem to be here  :rolleyes:

This is without doubt THE most friendly Lotus forum I've been on.

Yeh, shame there doesn't seem to be as much traffic on www.lotusexcel.co.uk ... everyone welcome to sample the ramblings of the most reliable Lotus they stopped building!

I'm sold - think I will always keep the Eclat Excel, but the Turbo Esprit never goes away in my mind. Even she indoors is happy to take that route now as it will shut me the **** up !

They give up in the end ... "Oh just buy it!" was the final concession! I'm keeping my Excel too as my daily drive but I can't help messing with it .. PNM big brake kit, fuel injection conversion, will do something more adventurous with the engine if/when it needs a rebuild!

Please say hello and tell me tales of woe at Castle Coombe on Saturday, can't wait.

Black Sport 350 .. we'll be there!

I agree this is the best Esprit forum B) when I first joined it was a little quiet but things are going better. And in my opinion all other Lotus owners are welcome too ,if they like Esprit :rolleyes:

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

I'm very impressed with how the forum has taken off and with the people who have joined up and contribute. We have established a nice community which is every expanding and hopefully will be a nice catchall for all Esprit owners worldwide at some point :angry:

Thanks guys and gals and keep up all the great posting :rolleyes:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I agree with Bob 100% this is the Worlds No.1 Esprit forum :)  And once we banish the Stevens people it will be even better!!!! IM ONLY KIDDING Paul C :P  p.s. Wish I could make it to Castle Combe :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just realised what a typo I made in my first post.

Turbo Esprit - Esprit Turbo

Sorry dudes, although I love all Esprits, I'm an S car man by heart, SE and beyond, I'd sell my a$$ on eBay for an SE or my A$$ and someone elses A$$for a GT3 (but only in Chrome Orange - I do have my standards)

:rolleyes::angry::P

45_1.JPG When you get your S car dont forget your licence plates :rolleyes:

Sorry dudes, although I love all Esprits, I'm an S car man by heart, SE and beyond, I'd sell my a$$ on eBay for an SE or my A$$ and someone elses A$$for a GT3 (but only in Chrome Orange - I do have my standards)

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg
They give up in the end ... "Oh just buy it!" was the final concession!

I asked my lady: "What about a week-end trip to London?" (we are living in Germany) and she replied: "Oh what a nice idea."

So I booked the flight tickets.

We spend some good time with some friends of mine there and on Sunday (Surprise, surprise) :rolleyes: we have met the nice chap who has offered the Esprit on Autotrader. :angry:

So my girlfriend never really had a chance to object...

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

45_1.JPG When you get your S car dont forget your licence plates :rolleyes:

Sorry dudes, although I love all Esprits, I'm an S car man by heart, SE and beyond, I'd sell my a$$ on eBay for an SE or my A$$ and someone elses A$$for a  GT3 (but only in Chrome Orange - I do have my standards)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a guy :angry:

Im Brian and so is my wife

Nice to have met up with a few of you guys today,

Dave (on the run down)

Steve C

Paul C

and a whole bunch of folks I can't remeber names of.

Looking forward to binning the Tivver and joing the clan - G or S flavour :rolleyes:

MPx - it was me that poked my head in your side window and said "keep whooping the Elise boys" - well driven mate.

Edited by S4S280