free hit
counters
Best Albums - Page 3 - Guitar Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Best Albums

Jonathan

Mark B: 41

Mark B: 48

Neither, 34.

Here is my collection:

AC/DC - High Voltage

AC/DC - Highway to Hell

AC/DC - Powerage

AC/DC - Let there be Rock

AC/DC - Back in Black

AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done dirty Cheap

AC/DC

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How accurately can you guess people's ages from their favourites selection? Lets have a go, +/- 4yrs.

Wayne B: 52

Err, David Im only a year older than you ! :(

Wont be 52 till 2011 (year the new Esprit is unveiled)? :(:(:(

b-52.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

ha ha better not list my albums,,,,i have got rid of alot and i still have 3000+

recently i have been listing to green day "american idoit" live at MK, not my usual taste at all, but its fantastic.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

And the Circus Leaves Town - Kyuss

Building - Sensefield

Surfer Rosa & Come on Pilgrim - Pixies

The Blue Album - Weezer

TroubleGum - Therapy?

Amusing the Amazing - SloBurn

The Moon & Antartica - Modest Mouse

No Code - Pearl Jam

Low Level Owl Volume 1 - The Appleseed Cast

must be getting old, havent heard of any of those

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

The only reason I found out about most of them was because some of my friends live and breath "alternative" music. Even within that scene, bands like Sensefield and Appleseed Cast are virtually unheard of. I wish I still had the time to spend hours searching the net for bands like them.

and my all time favorite Pachabel's greatest hit, 16 different versions of his famous Canon

curious as I am, I looked for Pachelbel's Canon, that is one piece of SUPERB music ! I'll look for other versions as well :lol:

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

Glad you like it. I love it and its many different forms

B000003F39.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V64368909_.jpg

Edited by esprit350

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

David - close enough!! Did I post that 1954 was a particularly good year somewhere?

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a mixed bag , there is no disco music , although I believe the young ones call them clubs nowadays.

AC/DC - Powerage

Rush - Caress of Steel

Gene - Drawn to the deep end

Teenage Fanclub - Grand Prix

Big Country - The Crossing

Embrace - Out Of Nothing

Snow Patrol - Final Straw

Keane - hopes and fears

Pearl Jam - No code

Leftfield - Leftism

Nigel

Tenacious D movie!!!!! :)

"The Pick Of Destiny" (Trailer!)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Suicidal Tendencies Insttutionalized Video

The last line is, for me, one of the best, most nihilistic, resigned, sarcastic, clever lines in any song ever! :D

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

in the car it has to be this lot..

Amon Tobin - Chocolate Lovely

magic eye-you are the sun

Dead Celebrity Status - Someone I Once Knew

Dead Celebrity Status - We fall, We fall

Pierre Henry - Psyche Rock

Mr Bloe - Groovin With Mr Bloe

Mr Scruff - Spandex Man.mp3

Psyche rock (fat boy slim mix)

and any E.L.O in the car at the time.

Mr Bloe - Groovin With Mr Bloe

top tune but I love the "B" side called "Sinful" used to use it as my theme tune when I was DJing back in the 70's

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

A lot of overlap in the Lotus listener's libarary here... so I won't bother to list anything I like that anyone else listed, lest I sound like a follower :)

But anything by Dinosaur Jr., Faith no More, Alice in Chains, the Beach boys, the Melvins, and Sonic Youth :)

I'm totally guilty of judging people by what music they listen to, so you get Slade props if I catch any of you with the above in the player B)

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

...and what about if we've SEEN them?! :)

I saw FNM in about '92 (Epic tour)

and Jerry Cantrell from AIC about 3 years ago...

Got a superb video somewhere of Cool Thing by Sonic Youth, featuring Chuck D! :)

Heh... I saw Cantrell about a month ago in a bar in Hollywood, looking a bit balder and more spherical than he used to I think :)

I just missed Alice in Chains (with whoever their new singer is) coming through here :) because I was playing guitar elsewhere, so I had a good excuse at least...

I LOVE FNM and am jealous of you having seen them :)... Mike Patton is the man, I love everything he's done... 'specially Mr. Bungle. Angel Dust is my favorite album.

Sonic Youth are amazing... I remember hearing about their little thing with Chuck D, they wanted him to say something genuinely meaningful, but instead he just did his stereotypical rap thing :(

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Jackson Browne : Running on empty

The Who : Who's next

Joni Mitchell : Hissing summer lawns

And no, I'm not collecting a pension yet :(

PENSIONS, are not SSssooo bad............... Mind you, they are worth nothing.can't buy much with them....

Anyway, you have reminded me of major contributors to my collection. Gonna play some Joni now also Browne.........feeling a little mellow and laid back as its Fri. Nite and the beer is beginning to become more important than working .................

See you on the other side.

Mike :):)

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

I reckon that the albums that I will play end to end is less than 1% of the collection. Was quite surprised when I tried to think of which ones:

Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes : Hearts of stone

Peter Gabriel : 1

Jackson Browne : Running on empty

The Who : Who's next

Joni Mitchell : Hissing summer lawns

Van Morrison : Veedon Fleece

Van Halen : MCMLXXXIV

Todd Rundgren : Something Anything

And no, I'm not collecting a pension yet :)

Slade - I'm not sure I'd even say he did THAT... HE just sort of went "Hmmmm" and "Yeahhh" a bunch of times! lol

What a missed opportunity :)

• 1 year later...

I've got tickets for the performance at the O2 Arena in December. Looking forward to it.

Has any one here been to the O2 Arena? What is the acoustics like?

Regards,

Peter.

Suprised no-one mentioned the all time #1 listen through Album of all time :blush:

(forgot as well)

B0009MA93C.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

In fact I might listen to it now :getmecoat: