free hit
counters
New V6 Owner - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New V6 Owner

ChrisG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

:wub:

I saw your pic on facebook earlier, congratulations :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi Chris and congratulations.

Well that is 2 we have in Scotland at least on this Forum in that colour.  (Andrew you have been cloned) It is a stunning colour when clean on a sunny day.  Love it.

Are you aware of the LEGS sub section of this forum and would you like to sign up to our PM mailings list so that you are informed of anything happening?  No minimum commitment (or money!) required.  We are one of the most active Lotus Groups out there/up here.  Come along to the next Breakfast Club on the 12th Jan near Knockhill.  Details in the LEGS section of the regional Groups.

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Nice car Chris. Looks brilliant.

To sign up to LEGS, go to the regional groups section of the forum and add your name to the PM list topic that is pinned at the top of the sub-forum. Easy. (I just checked. They've already added you.) :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Lovely car Chris - I very nearly bought that one myself... In the end I opted for the new Solar Yellow one which was on its way from the factory. Maybe I made the wrong choice.... :-)

Hope to see you out on the roads soon - I'm on holiday at the moment and desperately missing the car sat at home :(

Do you ever get over to The Fennel in Inverurie? They run a sports car breakfast on a Sunday - would be good to get some more Lotus support sometime :-)

Awesome car Chris. You can tell a real enthusiast as well, they go out in the rain just to look at the car (after all, you don't want to upset your new baby by getting her wet!) 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Thanks Al, how do I sign up for the LEGS PM mailing?

Chris

I have added you to the LEGS PM mailing list.

Lovely car Chris - I very nearly bought that one myself... In the end I opted for the new Solar Yellow one which was on its way from the factory. Maybe I made the wrong choice.... :-)

Hope to see you out on the roads soon - I'm on holiday at the moment and desperately missing the car sat at home :(

Do you ever get over to The Fennel in Inverurie? They run a sports car breakfast on a Sunday - would be good to get some more Lotus support sometime :-)

Anthony

A possible venue for a LEGS Breakfast meeting later in the year.

• Like 1

Anthony,

Can you PM me some of the details of that Breakfast before the 12th.  We can discuss then as an option with the assembled throng about what it is and timings etc.  Sounds like could be a good suggestion, even if a bit far for many, it is good to move round the countryside and give options.   :thumbsup:

Chris,

I saw your LEGS posting and know you had been hooked up by the time I read in here.  I guess you saw my post on SE as well. Welcome to our gang!  :gathering:

…………..and jointly I am sure that Gordon Masson will get your names down for the Lotus day in August no problems as the more the merrier and he will do his best for the Speedfest.  It is very tight numbers wise as so small a venue and they try and cover all exotica but you have to willing to start with so watch that space.  :driving:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Thanks Anthony. I'm aware of the Fennel Sunday Breakfast thing and always been meaning to head up to it.

Did you previously have a yellow S2 Exige?

I think the blue car you saw is now Murray's demo, the one I got was also direct from the factory.

Hi Chris,

You should head along to Fennel some time - normally a nice collection of cars on a Sunday morning if the weather is fair. Some nice roads round about too which makes the trip out worthwhile :-)

Yup, I had a yellow S2 back in 2007 - 2009. I really missed it and wished I hadn't sold it. When the chance came to p/x my Evora for a new V6 in yellow I just knew I had to have it.

Brilliant cars - just staggeringly competent things. I'd like it to be a little louder, but other than that it's always a great occasion taking it out on a Sunday morning.

Look forward to catching up with you sometime. Tony

Yup, I had a yellow S2 back in 2007 - 2009. I really missed it and wished I hadn't sold it. When the chance came to p/x my Evora for a new V6 in yellow I just knew I had to have it.

I remember seeing it at my work with its distinctive number plate!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chris, I think I saw on another forum that you've had your V6 covered in paint protection film, if so happy with it and are the edges readily visible?

Thanks

Stu

Hi Stu,

I'm very happy with the paint protection film. It was just the front end and the sills I had done but i'm really happy with it - and I am quite fussy.

Chris

Hi Stu,

I'm very happy with the paint protection film. It was just the front end and the sills I had done but i'm really happy with it - and I am quite fussy.

Chris

Good to hear thanks, mine now booked in too :)

Stu

Black n gold

• 1 month later...