free hit
counters
S3 replacement exhaust recommendations - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

S3 replacement exhaust recommendations

• Gold FFM

I need to replace the exhaust on my 87 N/A S3 as it disintegrated from the down pipe this week! Manifold pipes are fine.

Just wondered if any recommendations to completely replace, was going to use SJ's one but wondered if anything bit more 'sporty' to improve sound and bhp if possible, maybe have straight through etc or will that fail MOT emissions?

Thanks 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sjs remains v hard to fit. Infact the first set of pipes didnt meet the collector evenly and were replaced (with no quibbles btw) by SJs but were still a little off. However, with the no central

Thanks folks, i have the SJ system attached but it needed a lot of work to fit. Its a tad rattly and i'd like to upgrade it to soemthing more substantial. I have been in touch with Alunox and they can

We sell an S3 system in our shop from Quicksilver Si.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Stainless is the way to go, if you intend to keep the car. My S3 Turbo still has the stainless system I bought in 1988 from Christopher Neils..who were one of the major spares sources in those distant preWeb days....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I have the Lotusbits one on mine - sounds fantastic and definitely gives me more power. But it is expensive and takes time to fit (or remove if you need your head re-building - for example). But I am very happy with it. The only thing is it has a single aperture and I would rather the stock look with twin exits.

• Gold FFM

Thanks guys, I've spoken to Pete at PNM where the car had a lot of work done before I got it and also few other suppliers.

Just waiting for Pete to get back to me with price and delivery as it seems the one to go for. Some of the the are quite expensive and also not in stock.

I also need new shocks...expensive week:(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just put in the SJ stainless system (with the second small silencer/resonator removed).  It was reasonably priced compared with alternatives (including shipping to Aus).  My large silencer was OK (it was stainless already, with twin tailpipes, don't know if that was standard?) but the cast manifold was cracked and needed replacing. 

It's a separate headers/collector arrangement, and getting the collector part to slide onto the headers was quite a headache, the chassis tubes are right in the way of the clamp bolts... otherwise I'm pretty happy with the product.  Still to turn the motor over, I hope that it's not too loud with the missing silencer...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Turbo only I'm afraid mate.

Evora NA

Sjs remains v hard to fit. Infact the first set of pipes didnt meet the collector evenly and were replaced (with no quibbles btw) by SJs but were still a little off.

However, with the no central box option, a great sound improvement.

• Like 1

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Thanks folks, i have the SJ system attached but it needed a lot of work to fit. Its a tad rattly and i'd like to upgrade it to soemthing more substantial. I have been in touch with Alunox and they can make one up for me but it needs to go there to be fitted. They re in Wales, im in Essex so i would have to factor that cost in too in getting the car there. Ive also contacted Lotusbits and am awaiting a reply re their system too which i have seen whilst getting a tour from Mike. Again i think it has to go there to be fitted. Alternatively my only other option is to look a places closer to me, to see if they can do anything..... anyone hear of or tried Pipecraft in Basildon or Hayward & Scott also in Basildon?

• Like 1