free hit
counters
V8 parts - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 parts

Alex Carter

1 , So pistons are gm but from what ! There not vauxhall I want forged for my build

2 , does anyone have a spare new or undamaged v8 valve I need one exhaust and one inlet for my peeps to make a set .

3 , big end shells is there an up rated version of these ?

4 , gearbox shaft is it gto that do the stronger shaft? And I need / want the newer gear selector on the back of the box to improve the shift is this available ,.......

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

South West Lotus Centre have been advertising new V8 pistons for some time Alex - 

http://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/lotus-esprit-3-5-v8-forged-pistons-set/

And I have a bunch of valves, cleaned up and undamaged.  PM me your email address and contact details if interested.

Pistons are probably from the American division of G.M. if they were used in other applications. There's quite a few American gm parts used on & around the engine

I know the v8 forged pistons are available from SWL but 1600 for forged! Lotus used other parts so there GM they must be more common and used in other cars for cheaper from the states ! Take for example my clear side repeaters from lotus with a lotus price tag 120 odd quid from the Renault owners site same part same size same colour same model 19.99 that's my issue I'm not a tight ass but I'm not a fool either

Someone was ripping you off, the indicators are £21.65 from Lotus! 

A082M6535F  Description: Lens, side repeater. Notes: Qty on Car: 2. Price (each): £21.65. Stock: Factory 

Without busting your balls, you'd get a 5-10% discount with SWLC as a FFM and also 10% from many main dealers. That £20 could be saving you a fortune right now...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

That's it bibs always a rainbow ,lol

Ps can you look into this front plate revised bearing with your contacts for me is it a better option than stock . What's wrong with the standard one life expectancy etc etc and the benefits of the new one

I'll ask tomorrow for you mate. :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I'm inclined to think like Buddsy that the pistons are Lotus specific. Lotus being an engineering company would probably want to specify these and of course I doubt South West Lotus would go to the trouble of having forged items produced if an American alternative was made. I hope I'm wrong in some ways as possibly at some point I will need to sort something like this but the SWLC price doesn't sound unrealistic is they are specific items.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I may have my Pistons available soon.. They are forged, with only about 2000 miles on them. How soon are you in need of said pistons?

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

The sodium liquefies once up to temp and acts as a momentum damper in the 4 pots. I can't remember the name of the metal used in the V8 valves but it doesn't need to be damped like this. Is it molybdenum?

Evora NA

That's the fella! :D

Evora NA

The sodium in the 910 exhaust valves, along with the silicon-bronze valve guides are used to transfer heat away from the valve face and into the head, to be cooled by the water jacket in the head.  That is why they are only on the exhaust and not on the intake as well. 

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Being fixed.

Evora NA