free hit
counters
Recall 2013/03R - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
MHC

Recall 2013/03R

Just had a recall for the oil cooler hose on my 2011 S. I seem to remember that has been replaced once before. Could be the garage didn't notify Lotus (will call them tomorrow), but has anyone else received a second recall notice for this?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

2 different issues:

- An oil hose on the engine

- A second pipe connecting to the front oil radiator.

Make sure both have been resolved!

I got a letter about it just before Christmas.  My car was also affected by the first oil hose recall.  Have asked B&C for a date to do this new one along with looking at a few other warranty points before that expires in April.

I got a letter about it just before Christmas.  My car was also affected by the first oil hose recall.  Have asked B&C for a date to do this new one along with looking at a few other warranty points before that expires in April.

Have now done the same. Few minor things they may as well sort out at the same time.

All sorted, and new gear change cables as well. What a difference they make!

• Like 1

Interesting haven't had a recall, but then I had to have new engine fitted in November, under warrenty, following a piston failure so I would hope it was fixed then.    The other thing other that broke, which was new to the Y13 models, was a t-joint in the coolant hose by the radiator.  In both cases no arguements from Lotus who were very good.

First engine failure I've heard of! Good to hear it was a simple process with Lotus honouring the warranty well. 

Welcome to TLF Sue :)

Yet another recall for the oil cooler hose in MY11 Evora S. Recall 2014/02R. Isn't that the third one now? Only impacts a relatively small number of vehicles apparently.

Yes, its the third oil line recall that I have received for my 2011 S (in the US).

I had the first two recalls done. Unfortunately, on my last visit to the dealer they said they did not have the parts in yet for the third recall even though the letter I received from Lotus said dealers were shipped the parts.

Mine said instructions have been sent to the dealers and parts are available. Subtle but important difference! Have emailed B&C to see when they can do it. Will report back, but alas that is probably of sod all use to you in the US.

I just had a call from my dealer about this but I haven't had the car long so it's my first. They say they need it for two days

Just got the same recall letter 204/02R .  Dealer tells me it is a case of re-terminating existing hoses as previous ones had a penchant to rust.  The hose runs front to back so no need to completely replace.  I'm leaving it until late Jan when I will be in for a service and MOT anyway.  Get everything done at once.  

I head back to warmer offshore climes in a week or so for 4 weeks and car will not be used much in Late Dec/Early Jan anyway so not as big a decision to ignore for so long.  I could have had it done when away but decided against this.

Just got the same recall letter 204/02R .  Dealer tells me it is a case of re-terminating existing hoses as previous ones had a penchant to rust.  The hose runs front to back so no need to completely replace.  I'm leaving it until late Jan when I will be in for a service and MOT anyway.  Get everything done at once.  

I head back to warmer offshore climes in a week or so for 4 weeks and car will not be used much in Late Dec/Early Jan anyway so not as big a decision to ignore for so long.  I could have had it done when away but decided against this.

My car is also affected.  :no  Though all hoses were replaced in 2013 Lotus told my dealer to do it again. Front has to come off, so it will take about two days.

The letter stated "a limited number of cars manufactured between Sept. 10 and Sept. 11"  - and only the S model.