free hit
counters
Eclat S2 Choke cable - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
directordanw

Eclat S2 Choke cable

These seem to be as rare as hens' teeth! I'm trying to find the entire choke cable assembly - the mount of mine has broken where it fixes into the dash and hangs loose by the steering column! SJ don't have them, and I can't find them on LotusBits. Does anybody out there have one sitting around in their garage? Or know if there was a compatible part made for anything else?

Thanks in advance! Dan

Regular restorer. Rather less reliable forum poster!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Is it the same as the S1 or different? I have an S1 choke cable somewhere in my boxes of leftover parts.... I've also got an excel choke cable.

Mat.

Edited by mat grant

I think it's different Mat, it's illuminated, and I've not come across the exact same part anywhere. It's a once-only push fit inside the dashboard, I can see lots of people will have destroyed the plastic parts trying to remove it

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Which is exactly what has happened. PO has obviously pulled it out of the dash while working on it and snapped one of the plastic clips that keep it in place. If it's the same fitting I'd be interested in a S1 unit, even if it's not illuminated. Got to be better than what I've got which just hangs there gently tickling my knee whe I'm trying to start the car!

I posted something under general chat recently that you may find useful.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/62242-choke-cable-to-carbs/

I bought a universal cable from ebay £3.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-LOCKING-CHOKE-CABLE-MINI-CLASSIC-RELIANT-ROVER-MG-NISSAN-FORD-VAUXHALL-/271368757105 plenty of others to chose from.

I then used the new cable and some of the parts to restore my original choke. 

It means careful drilling/cutting and soldering - but I found it better than trying to source a second hand replacement £35 plus delivery/tax from LotusBits.

Interesting! - my S2 choke cable wasn't illuminated, but had a contact in it for the dash warning light. I removed it as I've gone to injection and don't need it, I'll have a look to see if I've still got it, but from the sound of it it may not be original, probably a triumph part, it looked similar to a dolly one I once had.

Regards

Steve

It certainly looks like it's supposed to trigger the warning light. I think I'm going to tak DaKa's advice and try and improvise something from a universal choke and what's left of the original. That being said if anyone does stumble on their old, unloved unit I'd be very interested!

Thanks for all your help so far, Dan