free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit Sport 300 - Page 2 - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I'm with Neil on this one, accident damage is fine if repaired correctly, my neighbour has had his boxster hit three times and none were pretty, he has had all his done by insurance so a new buyer would not even know just about every panel had been replaced, none of the repairs were main dealer either although all carried out to a superb standard and he is very fussy ( cleans it twice a week!).

I used to repair damaged Esprit's and put a V8 back on the road in 1999 which snapped off wheels, rear quarter was gone and frontal damage. At the time the car was worth over £30k as had 18000 miles, I paid £6000 and spent the same again to finish it. I ended up selling to a a guy in France for £15000 fully declaring the damage and providing photos.

He could not find any repair evidence and brought a fellow enthusiast/ mechanic with him.

I see at least three Elise's damaged each week online but never see that many for sale declared, CAT C does now show on the V5 but for a 'D' you need to do the checks.

With the 300 sport which although very expensive as Mark states you are buying an honest car built by total professionals making it probably one of the cleanest ones available, the real premium is for the rarity value, as someone who is hunting an Essex it is hard to put a figure on these cars so new buyers must pay accordingly I guess.

I think it looks stunning now and much prefer it to the previous green.

It will be interesting to see how long it remains for sale as the Esprit market is seeing cars go for much more than a couple years back and we have all seen some shock eBay sales recently!

Dave :)

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Peasants. Trevor.

I think the seats and running gear are the only original parts, everything else was replaced with new.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

It's been up there so long I think he might be up for haggling.

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Just don't get this twin exit exhaust mod at all. Why not save money and just buy a V8?!

I'd want the racing seats and rhd as well if i was spending that sort of money. That said the colour could not be better.

Well, perhaps the 4 cylinder owner wants the balance of a twin pipe and does not want the premium or expense of a V8.

Id have the Sport 300 everyday over a V8  :smoke:

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Harsh ;)

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I went back and read this old road test where the Sport 300 was pitted against the 350, and based on the raw numbers, the 300 sounds like an absolute BEAST. Ok it's 50hp off the V8 but the difference it torque is miniscule. That and boost sounds monstrous in delivery when compared to the V8.

Those seats and the old Stevens bodywork really seal the deal...although I wouldn't say no to a 350 either (am in fact hunting one....).

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8