free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit Sport 300 - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Esprit Sport 300

For sale we have a very special Lotus Esprit Sport 300 limited edition number 036. The Esprit is finished in its beautiful original Lotus Camel yellow paintwork. This car is very well known to the Lotus community as back in 2001 was involved in an accident and was completely rebuilt by the lotus Factory to the customers own specification and was painted in Scandal Green with a pearl finish. The history on the car and be seen here http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOwners/KrishnaKandaih_S300.html

The current owner last year decided to convert the car back to its original colour and also changed the rear panel, side sills and spoiler back to original. We have a vast amount of photo`s showing all the work involved in the restoration. The car still has the back and blue alcantara interior with grey carpets. The car also comes with Electric windows, Electric mirrors, Central locking, ABS, power steering, Alloy wheels, Lotus Certificate of Provenance, Full documented service history with recent cambelt change, Quicksilver twin exit sports exhaust, K&N replacement panel filter. In outstanding condition and a true very rare Lotus sports car. Please Contact us for more information or to arrange a viewing as the car is not on site.

View the full article

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, the repair was self funded.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thought about buying that one when it was for sale before,I think it went for £18,000ish I believe.Tasty profit for a respray.

Fantastic colour though.Oh well ,have to buy a lottery ticket this week then.

Sorry,can't stop looking at it.Looks effin awesome,

I think the insurer declined the bill or perhaps it happened on track.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

More before pictures here:

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOwners/KrishnaKandaih_S300.html

Edited by rocket63

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

For that money the stock Sport 300 in Spain (can be found on Mobile.de) seems like the better deal. Cheaper too if I'm not mistaken.

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Simple enough with an HPi check. 

Evora NA

It's a trade sale, they're legally obliged to declare if it were written off so I think it's safe to say it wasn't. . 

Evora NA

I think the key is if you have been misled. The advert makes very clear that it's been in a huge crash and in doing so almost certainly negates the need to comment on whether it has been written off.

According to the Citizens Advice Bureaux.... 

If the car was properly repaired before it was sold to you, you can't claim your money back just because it has been a write-off. But if the seller misled you, for example they said it had never been in an accident, you may be able to argue that you're entitled to your money back on the grounds that the car doesn't match its description

Edited by Bazza 907

Just a few facts:

The car was purchased for substantially more than £18k.

The car wasnt a cat d.

The first owner paid £52k to lotus for the work carried out.

Over £30k spent to get to the original spec, ie it wasnt a cheap respray but a restoration and very expensive respray.

The car has wanted for nothing and all invoices since leaving the factory when first purchased are in the history file.

Oh and the original single exit exhaust is available( more than one) and is an easy fix.

There is also a spare new front wheel( brand new) and two new clutches plus other spares.

Philip

Thanks for your input. Just to be clear then, whilst you say it wasn't a cat D, are you confirming that it has never been written off by an insurance company?

Hopo

The difference between a previously written off car and one that hasn't been can be massive in terms of insurance and what you might receive if you prang a car. Some people don't understand all the implications when they buy a previously written off car irrespective of how well or where it's been repaired. 

That's quite pricey considering the vehicle's history.  Yes, Lotus rebuilt large parts of it, but still to much to ask IMO.  And surprised in wasn't given a CAT B considering it was a right off.