free hit
counters
Le Man 2014 - Events - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Le Man 2014

mayevora

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Ann & I are going down to the classic. Hotel is booked already. I will get tickets from Club Lotus. Not entirely sure on how we are getting across yet..I hope to take the Esprit but if not it will be the Excel. Track laps were good last time. you get 3 full laps for your money.

Dave E

We will be at the 24 in June as always. All booked. Arrive Sunday 8th and go home Monday 16th :D

Edited by rocket63

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

We are planning to go to the classic, but I am not going to book anything until I have got the Lotus going, so I will probably book up a package trip of some sort.

The track laps idea looks good.

• Gold FFM

I've got the Classic booked up. Doing an overnighter on the ferrys (Fast cat already booked up that I couldn't believe) so out Thursday night and dock around 6.30am Friday so should be on site beer in hand by lunchtime. Back Monday. Hope to catch up with a few of you.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 1 month later...

I am off to LeMans as usual, but first time in the Evora.

Going in convoy witha few mates and staying at our usual Chateau about halfway between LeMans and Tours.  Ferry from Portsmouth on Thursday evening, returning Monday.

Always go to Hotel du France at La Chartre Sur Loire on friday evening, there are often some great cars and the occasional famous LeMans drivers, Derek Bell is there every year.  There is a lot of LeMans history there.

Sometime we take the local kids for a spin around the block in the nice cars

• 2 weeks later...

Le Man 2014 translated:

The Man 2014.

Is this some sort of strip show Ian?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

:smoke:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

I've done both and both are quite different Mark. The 24 hour race itself is great. The build up, pace car lap and rolling start are just superb and I reallly mean superb!! However, I chose the Classic this year as it's got a slightly more relaxed atmosphere imo. I'm going down in a party of 8 (4 cars) and that itself (the getting there) is part of the fun. Even the ferry over is an experience.

A50BF803-1561-4934-BCEC-2AD07BE5AC7C.jpg

That was my ride and the classic last time I went. The Classic has appeal if you fancy seeing the drivers running to their cars like the older 24 hour starts. Most of the previous 24 hour winning cars are either on show or in fact racing in the Classic in different categories. Another reason (probably sounds a bit sad) but the Eurosport coverage of the 24 hour last year was stunning and like most motorsport, you are going to get a better view on TV as opposed to live imo.

There won't be much left (availability) to either with only a couple of months to go. Even trying to book ferrys last November was hard as not many places left.

Both are good whatever you fancy.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 1 month later...

Lucky chap that I am I'm doing both!  Staying at the airport as usual with Club Valan on both occasions.  Tunnel out 07.50 on Thursday back Monday PM  cant wait.  mY GT3 is easy to spot so look out for us.

• 2 months later...