free hit
counters
Kodewa Lotus T129 to run in WEC IN LMP1-L in 2014 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Kodewa Lotus T129 to run in WEC IN LMP1-L in 2014

NedaSay

It appears Kolles still has some money and is bringing an upgraded model of the Adess designed and Lotus badged T128 to WEC LMP1-L this year.

Lotus_LMP2_Press_Side01.jpg

Read story in french here or german here

Last season Kodewa managed just one podium in the LMP2 category and the cars finished at the very back of the pack most of the races.

Adess and Kodewa did split up at Le Mans with the cars being seized before two days before the race only to be authorized to race the day before the 24h. 

Kolles has a not so glorious history of bringing undeveloped cars to the track that spans from the Kolles TME days in DTM all the way to the HRT F1 "era", and last year Lotus Praga LMP2 in WEC so colour me unimpressed.

I'm wondering what kind of deal they signed with DB or DRB to be allowed to use the Lotus moniker on the T- cars and their CT- motorbikes, yes it is them.

The T128 is a gorgeous car to look at though, so I'm happy to see it run. But will it be able to race the Rebellion R1, I have my doubts.  

Fun fact the car would be set to use an AER twin turbo V6, AER did develop a very similar twin turbo V6 for Lotus when DB decided that Indy was "the thing" only to bail a few months later. This engine has been sitting iddle for a while but the world engine regulations may be giving it a new lease on life.

In other Kolles related news, Grandprix247.com reports that the dentist is connected to another F1 team bid alongside Zoran Stefanovich. Once again the team would use a lot of ex Toyota F1 employees, the team would be HQ'd at Kolles factory and a design from highly overated - imo - Dallara would be used.

Edited by NedaSay

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The Lotus V6 Indy engine was designed and built by Engine Developments Ltd.  In fact, EDL own the rights to it and can market it as they wish.  AER has a new endurance V6 engine though.

Regarding the F1 thing, it is interesting that Gene Haas, who co-owns Tony Stewart's NASCAR team and a big CNC machine manufacturing company, is also considering entering F1 with a Dallara-built chassis.

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

The Lotus V6 Indy engine was designed and built by Engine Developments Ltd.  In fact, EDL own the rights to it and can market it as they wish.  AER has a new endurance V6 engine though.

Regarding the F1 thing, it is interesting that Gene Haas, who co-owns Tony Stewart's NASCAR team and a big CNC machine manufacturing company, is also considering entering F1 with a Dallara-built chassis.

Oups my bad i confused Judd team with Aer, apologies to all involved

As for Haas and Stefan/Kolles both opting for a Dallara design for their base car I don't know what they expect as the last Dallara effort in F1 was quite underwhelming, HRT was not overly pleased with it. Some put it the low quality of the work on the tiny budget they had and the fact that HRT predecessor had problems funding the development of the car but the F1 techs in and around the team all mentioned that the execution and finish was way below par back then.

Edited by NedaSay

• 2 months later...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Good to see Rebellion back to their original colours. Interesting to see if Kodewa have a better season in LMP1. Hope so.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

That is if Kodewa has a season at all. Right now the Kolles are embroiled in multiple lawsuits with both suppliers and staff! 

Glad to see Rebellion making a stand for themselves and realizing that there is little the Lotus brand can do for them.

Edited by NedaSay

The Kodewa Racing - Lotus T129 is announced at the 1st WEC event of the year at Silverstone on april 12th. 

The driver's line up for the LMP1-L car is Albers, Rossiter and Holzer. Info on the car is almost non existant, at one point it was said to be a T128+, as the P2 tub as said to comply with the  2014 P1 regulation. However Kodewa racing did state that the tub was not compliant with P1 regulations in the end.  It has also been said that the two T128 chassis had been returned to their owner.

Contrary to last year the Kodewa Racing outfit will race under a Romanian licence. 

As mentioned above, power will come from an AER engine, and the car will use Michelin tires.

The car shall not sport the "Praga" logo as Jan Charouz will contest the BES season with another Sebastien Loeb Racing, it will not sport the "Eat The Ball" logo as Dan Kraihamer will race the Rebellion R1. 

Edited by NedaSay

• 2 months later...

The Lotus LMP1 P1/01 was presented at Le Mans today it was a stationary presentation. The car is not to be called T129

the car has the black and goldish colours no sign of Kolles or Kodewa but theres' KOAL branding on the car but it should race under Romanian licence. PMC and TCS appear to have replaced ADESS A.G as engineering partner and Holzer group is still involved as the car displays branding for the Lotus motorcycle thingy.

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

The tech director of this program indicated that they would racing at Austin next september and use the time between now and then to test the car so that it can compete with the OTHER LMP1-L CAR: the Rebellion R1.

Edited by NedaSay

• 3 months later...

It is september and the Lone Stars WEC event will take place this week en in Austin Circuit of the Americas and the P1-L is actual;y running on track however there's one minor change: all lotus stickers have been removed and replaced by CLM stikers

VSA_WEC_AUS14_SP1_8368-728x484.jpg

the Licensing deal between Lotus and Kodewa would have come to an end!?  Thank you Mr gales for that.

In the meantime at the Nurburgring one T128 P2 car from last season was spotted on the Praga stand with Praga branding.

DSC_0116.jpg

Edited by NedaSay

The CLM finished the race, so good speed to them. I assume that JMG is well on top of things and saw fit to end the licensing agreement which I think is a good thing. Hopefully it will help refocus the brand motorsport program.  

• 4 weeks later...

Well that's that then! 

(Awful fire management IMO too. Just sayin').

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ridiculous fire management. Did they have fire insurance??? Looks like a warm renewal. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower!