free hit
counters
Zenos E10 - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Zenos E10

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds perfect, always wonders what would make bath time more exciting.

Trevor.

bath_duck_360.jpg

Non?? 

The duck man...the duck! :P

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Plastic ducks......my brother bought me a clockwork plastic duck for Christmas, once. He took it in to work and one of the girls there saw it and asked him what it was....

"Clockwork duck for the bath. Christmas present for my brother"

"Oh yes? How old is he?" 

"45"

"Ah. What can he do with that at his age?"

"Wind it up and send it around the Lighthouse...."

"Oh!....does he have a lighthouse as well, then?"

Blonde, she was.

• Like 2

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• 2 months later...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 1 month later...

There are a couple of chances to drive around Snett next month, 3rd and 16th I think.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Millbrook Proving Ground, Alpine Course, passenger to Chris Weston, Head of Development, in the E10 S, 250 bhp 2.0 GDTI prototype EP2.  Fully airborne a couple of times.  Considerable G forces. Far more capable and experienced drivers than I (some racers) were extremely impressed. Also a personal drive in the E10 prototype EP1 (detuned to 160bhp for testing) on a flat track; a couple of short straights plus a tight bendy section defined by cones. (Yes, it was possible to spin.)

Unfair to say too much as still some months of refinement and validation prototypes to go before production - scheduled to start in January - but extremely promising IMO.

Understand the forthcoming Snett drives offered will be on the road in EP1 and as a passenger on the circuit in EP2.

What happened to the video? I get a 'does not exist' message

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• 2 weeks later...

Evora NA

Just enquired about which version(s) are being provided for these demos. Rather surprised to hear it is only the E10 (160hp as is) and not the E10S (250 hp).  They are very different!  I drove the E10 on a very small circuit at Millbrook and expect it will seem rather underwhelming on a full scale one. (It will be 200hp in final form.)  I wonder if Zenos are worried about letting Joe Public try the E10S on the road; perhaps an insurance issue.  But from a marketing viewpoint they may leave a sub-optimal impression.

I wonder if anyone here can give feedback from the Snetterton sessions?

I'm booked into the Brands one, will let you know my thoughts after that :)

Evora NA

As a matter of courtesy, I forwarded my above post to Zenos right away.  Within two minutes Ansar Ali phoned me to explain the position.

The E10 is under engine upgrade at the moment and they expect circa 195hp for the test sessions - close to the production spec. 

Re the E10S, as I surmised, they simply feel it would not be responsible to allow such a car to be driven on the road by people of unknown capability.  I was wrong about insurance - there would not be any problem. But having been taken around the Millbrook Alpine circuit in the E10S a few times by a driver entirely capable of exploiting it, I quite appreciate Ansar's point.  It is seriously impressive.  At this embryonic stage of their development any incident would be more than unfortunate, obviously for the driver and the Zenos passenger, but also for Zenos itself.

I am reassured, don't expect to be disappointed, and have booked in for Silverstone (29th Oct). And look forward to your comments Bibs.

Edited by mdavies

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I make the middle lap just within a minute. Not bad going...

Evora NA

• 2 months later...

On a Christmas visit to Norfolk friends I've been able to receive a present, courtesy of a well-placed contact, of a sneak preview at the Zenos plant of the first production model of the E10S Track Edition.  Just being polished for the photoshoot; the very car to be unveiled and launched in a couple of weeks at Autosport.

Lips sealed, but I don't think any of those waiting are going to be disappointed.

Edited by mdavies

Erm....I have pics today as the 2 of them were parked outside the back of the factory. Right where theres a big glass wall to my gym! I can post them up!......BWAHAHAHA

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Kimbers, given what I observed yesterday, I was surprised by your post about the view from your gym and so made an enquiry. Now been told that you would have seen the two Engineering Protos.  The VP of the production model has not yet been outside the factory, not been seen by anyone outside Zenos, and is being kept under wraps until Autosport.  (They should have said anyone but me, of course!)

I wouldn't trouble to post your photos - probably more detailed ones of the EPs have been published widely! :huh: 

(Hint): Don't know if they are still doing them, but the EPs have been around many UK tracks for demos on request.

Edited by mdavies

• 3 weeks later...

Evora NA