free hit
counters
Zenos E10 - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I think the £4.29 cost and looks add to the appeal.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Kimbers, given what I observed yesterday, I was surprised by your post about the view from your gym and so made an enquiry. Now been told that you would have seen the two Engineering Protos.  The VP of the production model has not yet been outside the factory, not been seen by anyone outside Zenos, and is being kept under wraps until Autosport.  (They should have said anyone but me, of course!)

I wouldn't trouble to post your photos - probably more detailed ones of the EPs have been published widely! :huh: 

(Hint): Don't know if they are still doing them, but the EPs have been around many UK tracks for demos on request.

Edited by mdavies

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

decidedly nicer than that white shed they have been driving about. I think they should have put a little more effort in to making it appealing if they were allowing customers to test it. Didn't really put me off but didn't impress either. That looks nice though. Anyone commited yet?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I think the inside looks better too well all except that gear knob! Where did they find that?

Buddsy

I called at their Autosport stand last week.  Ansar Ali and the team there seemed very upbeat at the interest they were attracting. The interior, the finish and the windscreen styling impressed me a lot. The (removable) screen has obviously been designed in for the roadster and coupe versions from the start. Certainly no after thought.

The Evo video below shows all the most interesting new cars I saw there. I spoke with the Elemental crew too. They are aiming higher up the scale than Zenos, of course - performance and price.  Zenos video is the one at the end.

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/14926/autosport-show-highlights-ariel-nomad-radical-rxc-spyder-renault-and-more#disqus_thread

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Is that really a backbone chassis? Or just before its fully assembled?

Buddsy

It's a backbone chassis. That's the first part of the car, everything else comes after :)

Evora NA

I thought it looked like a backbone chassis! Wow they have gone that old school! With all the modern developments learnt from the Elise going back to a backbone chassis with the loading limitations of the suspension surprises me. Still I guess its much cheaper?

Buddsy

I too had assumed a tub of some sorts.

Trevor.

It has. It's an ali tub bolted to the backbone.

ZenosCars_10-L.jpg

Evora NA

Looks good and if I was to sell the Sport Spider I might be tempted but doubt I will. It's easy to get carried away with the latest toy must haves and the brakes need applying. I think if I was in the Caterham market I would be better off with the Zenos. If they need joe average tester..............

Trevor.

For anyone not aware, they are going to be at the LoT day at Silverstone on the 10th March. Currently taking bookings for a road drive and passenger ride round the circuit.

http://www.zenoscars.com/upcoming-events/march-events-2/

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

4.5 stars, very nice! 

I was at the Zenos factory with Ansar yesterday. Things are progressing at great speed, first customer car is due to be shipped in a week or so :D

Evora NA

:D

11029565_804184066319932_798459761719122

Evora NA

That's his Sport Jacket, he's very proud :D

Evora NA

Only two minutes away Bibs, you could have popped in for a cuppa.

Going to Zenos on the 28th with EALC should be good.

chipp

Ansar has put out a newsletter centred on that review. (He is quite pleased!)  In it he mentions forthcoming First Drive tests by Auto Express, Sunday Times, Top Gear magazine, Piston Heads and Autocar.

I found the following extracts interesting too:

"..................we conducted a 24,000 mile (equivalent) PAVE test at the Millbrook Proving Ground.  A PAVE test is an accelerated road test to assess the durability of a vehicle and its structural reliability when in the ‘field’.  The results of the E10 test have again confirmed the outstanding integrity and robustness of the chassis, suspension and body architecture.  For your information, it is unprecedented for a low volume manufacturer in the niche sector to conduct a PAVE ahead of delivering a model to market."

"We are now in production."

Silverstone?

Evora NA

Yea, had a long chat with Ansar the other day, loved his passion and confidence in the product.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com