free hit
counters
Zenos E10 - Page 6 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

43 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

I guess the real question the Zenos needs to answer is "Does the car offer a tangible improvement in driving experience, to make the practical trade-offs necessary"

An Elise is a car that COULD be daily driven. I never would, at least not mine, but I know plenty of people who do. However I think the Zenos is nowhere near being able to make that claim with the E10. They did have a coupe and convertible planned though...

The E10 is the nearest thing I've driven to the feel of the original 1997 Elise but has many modern tweaks. Brakes feel better and the engine is less likely (fingers crossed) to have issues. All the drive train is lifted from standard Ford parts so no reason to suspect any issues.  

I survived with an Elise as my only car for years - certainly no reason why it can't be used even in the harshest weather. However as good as the E10 is, I agree it's not an all-weather car. You can go out in thunderstorms (I have) and only get "moderately damp" but it's not ideal. And the lockable storage is really only big enough to store the steering wheel. I would say the E10 with a windscreen is best compared with the 340R. 

For sure the E10 isn't an single car proposition but it is so much fun to drive - I don't miss my old 211, s2 190 or other elise cars at all. 

On 19/12/2016 at 18:26, JayEmm said:

Good shout, I might ask them. I would have to look and see what is the fairest comparison cost-wise to the Zenos.

I think I will be getting an E 10 S for review, very possibly the exact same one Clarkson etc... just had. It's probably the most popular in the range as the E10R is faster but £50k+ when specced and that is a fair chunk of money for something without a roof

Worth making sure that it has the revised brake setup which clears up criticism of a "wooden" brake pedal and the short shift. If it's a press car then no doubt it'll have the latest tweeks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm fairly sure they won't give me a crapper. I did have the offer to drive one in December but they said if I waited until this year I would possibly get something better (I assume they mean an S).

It's a very big thing for me because tiny manufacturer though they may be, it's manufacturer support none-the-less.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

As of this morning Zenos are now in Administration. Such a shame. I thought they had cracked the curse of the small sports car maker. I have no other information at the time.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Just read a similar thread over at the playground.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Sad news, they had a great product and lots of potential for the future. I'm guessing Hugh Grant had thrown enough money in sadly. Feel for the guys who worked there, many of whom were ex-Lotus. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Great cars and concept. Now might be a good time to sweep one up for the future. In the meantime I hope they get a positive resolution and the workers get looked after.

I suppose we'll see a report on the BBC later saying "Zenos shuts down, casualty of Brexit"

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Very sad news, they definitely seem to have potential. But bloody difficult to make headway in this market, when even somebody like Lotus, who have all the facilities, the skills and a brand with 50 years of history are struggling.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators