free hit
counters
Oil return hoses - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bernie

Oil return hoses

Just a reminder to check the 2 hoses ( one on each side ) that run fron the turbos to the oil sump.

Came in the garage yesterday to find 4 quarts of oil on the floor!!! One of the hose was cut at 2 places

where the collars are...Car is 4 years old and 23K miles...Replace both hoses!!! Inexpensive protection!!!

post-1834-1160192358.jpg

post-1834-1160192375.jpg

Edited by Bernie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My car leaks from this area as well so I was going to replace the pipes and seal up the joint of the pipe onto the bottom of the turbo.

Question is - is the level of the sump oil lower than these return pipes?? Don't want to remove them and get a load of oil on the floor.

My car leaks from this area as well so I was going to replace the pipes and seal up the joint of the pipe onto the bottom of the turbo.

Question is - is the level of the sump oil lower than these return pipes?? Don't want to remove them and get a load of oil on the floor.

I think it is safer to drain your oil before disconnecting the hoses...That's what I did.