free hit
counters
Clear engine cover - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Clear engine cover

marcbria

Some people really like to modify their engines, so much so they want to be able to see them while driving. Even illuminated for night time viewing, apparently while driving!

http://classiccars.com/listings/view/473176/1977-lotus-esprit-for-sale-in-san-diego-california-92123

Not sure its work the asking price but an interesting modification. I think my only real complaint is the wing.

Brian

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Brian, I'm with you, it's just odd having the wing, especially where it is. I thought the wing was to increase down-force on the rear wheels (if it has any real purpose), it's a fair way forward of most Esprit wings and doubt it's been air tunnel tested and determined to be several times more effective than a Lotus designed and fitted one, so why would you put it there and expect it to be any good?

That car has been for sale for a couple of years now, and has been the butt of many jokes.   Love the description . . . who does he think he is kidding?  :huh:

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE