free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 20 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Great idea!  I have not tried it before but was thinking of something like that or the shrink wrap vinyl that is sometimes used for decorating.  I like your idea better.  I just remembered dipyourcar.com.  

Maybe a great spring project!

Jim

Whether it's warm or cold when you do it, heat the cans in hot water to give a smoother finish which is closer to stock appearance for the bumper. It's crazy easy to do. And the results last.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks!  I painted a Bugeye Sprite with spray lacquer and it came out great so I'm sure I can handle a bit of plasti-dip (especially since you can start over and fix your mistakes!).

I will definitely be doing that.

Jim McLeskey Richmond, VA USA

Thanks! I painted a Bugeye Sprite with spray lacquer and it came out great so I'm sure I can handle a bit of plasti-dip (especially since you can start over and fix your mistakes!).

I will definitely be doing that.

I am sure you can handle it, but your skills with spraying lacquer won't be too helpful with spraying liquid rubber out of a rattle can. It couldn't be more different. Bur you'll definitely figure out the tips and tricks without my advice, so I will cease and desist. Edited by lotusespritse

Advice is always welcome and appreciated!  I will practice and study and see what happens.

I do appreciate the suggestion - it is a great idea.

Jim

Jim McLeskey Richmond, VA USA

• 3 weeks later...

9134591192_7276821f17.jpg

Stunning, love that color with the magnolia interior. That would be the perfect addition to my St Tropez, let me now if you ever think of selling her.

• Like 1

Website with information and pictures PBB St Tropez convertible Esprit:

http://www.lotusespritconvertible.de/

• Gold FFM

Rolf, did you buy the St Tropez that was advertised on fleebay a while back, also a stunning looking car that I would have in a flash, popular or not. The S3 pictured is the exact same color combination as my S4

John, my St Tropez is with me since 2007. She is the Turbo one No. 2 you can see on  my homepage. The fleebay one is still for sale. If you have some spare funds, go for it!
Lovely combination that Pacific Blue with magnolia in your S4. Imho the mediterranean blue ot this 87 hc is a little bit brighter than that.
It seems we share the same taste  :cheers:

Website with information and pictures PBB St Tropez convertible Esprit:

http://www.lotusespritconvertible.de/

Stunning, love that color with the magnolia interior. That would be the perfect addition to my St Tropez, let me now if you ever think of selling her.

Thanks for liking, I better get more pics up of my 24K miler :-) but for now here's a pic of the 2.2

8782445608_fea6e7c02b_b.jpg

Edited by Bigtime
  • Like 1

Damn that's a nice turbo! Looks great! Like the flics of the trip to Le Mans. Was this car for sale with uk sportscars a few year(s) back? I'm getting old, years are all melting into one for me now.

• Like 1

Damn that's a nice turbo! Looks great! Like the flics of the trip to Le Mans. Was this car for sale with uk sportscars a few year(s) back? I'm getting old, years are all melting into one for me now.

were all getting old :-( yes that's the one and have just realised we've missed our anniversary! purchased 11/12 Pete at PNM keeps it all in order now

Geoff

Very nice.  How long have you had it.  Im sure this was for sale about 1 year ago?  Were you selling or did you buy?

Thanks Phil, I bought back in Nov 2012

Very nice car Geoff, the blue colour and red decals make it look very modern. Also these last G Turbos lost the "elephants scrotum" ruched leather of the earlier cars that looked dated quickly and wore badly, much prefer your tight fitting style.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Just purchased an S1 (307 H) one week ago.  It has been repainted in red (a Corvette color, I'm told) and has a new black leather interior.  The replacement engine supposedly was rebuilt (the original engine failed in some way) and I've heard it run, but the fuel system needs sorting before I will drive it (the pump is dragging on the ground!).

attachicon.gif0_DSC_0186.JPG

Jim

Richmond, VA

USA

Start thread on projects section please! That red actually suits the car very nicely, and looks like previous owner has done some decent mods. Needs black bumpers though.

• 5 weeks later...

Afternoon folks - bored at work so thought I'd post a few pix of my newly completed 1976 S1, courtesy of Stocks Coachworks, who have painstakingly got it back to how it was the day it left Hethel. The car's stored now for the winter, but I'm itching to get it out as soon as I possibly can, when the weather gets better :)

post-17333-0-53982000-1421850273.jpg

post-17333-0-62904200-1421850299.jpg

post-17333-0-87358000-1421850311.jpg

post-17333-0-66304200-1421850320.jpg

• Like 2

Beautiful :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.