Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 84 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

I've seen the 2 slot bonnet on random serial # cars, here in the USA. Some as old as '85, up to '87s.

Another thing, North American G turbo cars had their tail-lights flush with the rear fascia. But of course, they all had the higher rear spoiler/transom.

Lotus 3.jpg

• Thanks 1

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There is no change point listed in the parts list for the 6 slot to 2 slot.

So it seems to have been a gradual change. maybe they made a new mold with the 2 slots but carried on using the 6 slot in parallel if enough need.

• Like 1

Here's a pretty GT3 at Malcolm Ricketts on Saturday in proximity to the "dancin' donkey" impostor that turned up (and turned heads!)

DK6A7821ablur_zpswuav1xd2.jpg

Edited by Jack Stone

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

Brothers in Arms at Malcolm Ricketts. I counted three Stephens (V8 + 2 GT3s) and two G Esprits (Turbo and S3) in attendance. 

DK6A7871a_zpso1olr49l.jpg

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

On 18/08/2018 at 12:12, swindon_alan said:

Hmmm I wonder which car that is, if it is still around and if so where. Interesting. I might do some research on the Esprit Registry...

Nope. The earliest V8 car on the registry is still 032.

image.png.9a04498afe4dd8162d836d4c56850bf4.png

Presumably there were 31 V8s before then. I wonder if the one in the photo is 000?

11 minutes ago, Jack Stone said:

Anyone know the whereabouts of this Sport 300? I took this pic at Kett Hall in Feb 1994 (Reg is L822 PCL). 1994 Team Lotus drivers Johnny Herbert and Pedro Lamy trying out the bonnet...

sport300-herbert-lamy-94-1-lr_zpsesdi9om

It might well be this one in the Registry, what with being a Motorshow car?

image.thumb.png.b8b3f2678df6dce612d2fd57727e76c1.png

I don't know if @Loteuk still visits. If so, it might still have the same reg. no?

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

25 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

I don't know if @Loteuk still visits. If so, it might still have the same reg. no?

From memory I think Tony sold his Sport 300 a couple of years or so back, I believe to someone in Ireland.....but that needs better citation as they say in Wiki.  

• Thanks 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

13 hours ago, Final Edition said:

Hi @Bibs , the VIN number corresponds to the number of the Sport 300 that was made. 8064 is therefore Sport 300 number 64. According to DVLA records it no longer exists. Maybe it's in Lotus heaven, had a plate change, exported etc, etc.....

Yep....No 64 was Tony's (the last one made I believe) - so probably exported to Ireland as I thought.

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

21 minutes ago, MPx said:

Yep....No 64 was Tony's (the last one made I believe) - so probably exported to Ireland as I thought.

Hi Mike, what did I miss?

Yes my 300 was No 64  and went to Southern Ireland - all live and well with a real Lotus enthusiast.

It was registered in 1996 so not the car in the pic.

TC

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

Here's another shot of the Sport 300 at Kett Hall , this time without the Team Lotus driver appendages...

sport300-herbert-lamy-94-3crop-lr_zpspp3

As a Turbo Esprit owner back in 94, I remember being blown away seeing this machine in the flesh

• Like 1

Same here Buddsy,   The only other one i have that was rallied was the yellow G V8 one, but that looked more gravel rally,,    This one with the small wheels and much higher suspension looks like it could do some serious gravel and off oading also !  

Would be nice to know if it runs on a standard chassis or tubular ?   Also i can well imagine they have put a bigger turbo on it also :)

• Like 1

A

Saw this this morning, it was nice to wake up to :)

I'd rather see an absolutely concours car on Jay Leno's Garage but this one did look pretty cool... Seems a bit too low for me but I bet it goes well (the electric engine cover is pretty trick too!)

Just finished watching. Cool how they've given it '70's pin striping, it looks every bit the '70's custom even with the '80's bumpers and '90's door handles. The linear actuator for the headlights is clever and I'll bet lighter than even a single motor. Overall a positive review from Leno despite his biases but I suppose he's not the type to bring on a car he doesn't like. 

I was surprised JL acted like he'd never seen an Esprit before. Surely he must have been close up to one before?

Not too found of most of the mods either, and a shame it doesn't get driven more. I'm sure it's a good showcase for their business, but it should be used and enjoyed as well.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.