free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 100 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
30 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Beautiful pics :thumbup:

Mind if I share that 2nd one on our social please? 

Hi @Bibs. Not at all. Just credit as 'Courtesy of David Jinks/Fridge Productions Limited' (as I operate as a business) ... and I'm currently in pursuit of a very large organisation who have infringed copyright of my commercial work. Or I could provide images with a semi-transparent credit, which may be preferable.

5 minutes ago, 910Esprit said:

If its the road that drops you down to Lockwood Beck reservoir, then its 15 mins from me too, via Grinkle Lane....

Yes it is @910Esprit

I messaged or tagged you about 2-3 years ago when I was deep in the middle of restoration. I live in Saltburn-by-the-Sea, and we've filmed at Grinkle Park for the North York Moors National Park, who are one of our clients.

@Bibs I've sent you the images by DM.

• Like 1

No one here will learn anything as it's basically a long video from a guy who install a straight through exhaust but it's nice to see a new enthusiast!

Edited by Giniw

He will soon get fed up of the drone 🤪

Only here once

I actually like Tim's videos including the new one. It moves around and under the car, gives a bit of info, like the ebpv and the weight difference and shows a few shoot off's including some nice schreeches from the tires. If his new spacer ring will turn bad soon enough, is another thing.

In my humble view he has an honest simple joyfull approach to the Esprit, and that is refreshing. and he likes Lotus.

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Good to see it out on damp roads in November!   As official NYorks location spotter, I'm disappointed I cant positively recognise any, but pic 3 could be Grinkle Lane, which currently has that tunnel effect

Pity I missed you, I was up there yesterday too.  Used to regularly go Hall for evening meals, but then they embraced the wedding market a bit too much!   

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jeanvm said:

No mirrors?

IMG-20191109-WA0008~2.jpg

Unfortunately not @Jeanvm

They're quite expensive, and this car is not yet complete. In fact I'm just on shakedown testing after a 3 year full nut and bolt restoration. I have to get it reliable so that I can drive it to an Bond 25 event next spring. Unfortunately the seller of this project/wreck fleeced me on the wheels, and I had the additional expense of obtaining a set to get the car running. This set my quite considerable budget back somewhat. The seller now mocks me on social media as he got away with deplorable customer service.

16 hours ago, Fridge said:

🙄The seller now mocks me on social media as he got away with deplorable customer service

You didn't payed him enough now that he can see how beautiful the car has become.

• Like 1

@Jeanvm He was just very, very greedy. Not happy enough with the good price I paid him. Not an honourable "businessman".

Whereas I'm still in business over 20 years later.

• Like 1

Where did you buy it from?Maybe the rest of us need to avoid that seller!

• Like 2

Thanks. Mmmm, yes Im working on it!

Looks exquisite just as it is. Ski racks not necessary! After all JB wouldn't have had them on for his UK missions!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly, it has to me exactly the same as my model!

• Like 1

The racks are coming along, a lot of work!

Considerably better than your model already and I think it's a case of gilding the lilly.

Fine if it was a tired old example but that's one of the very best G-turbos left. Can't you get a second engine cover sprayed up and have the racks stuck on to that? That way you can keep that immaculate louvred panel the way Chapman intended, as opposed to Cubby Broccoli!

• Thanks 1

Fabian I have got to agree with @The Pits if you can make it removable then fine but to drill anything into that would be sacrilege. Your S1 can’t go underwater so this does not need skis. 

your car do what you wish but it makes me shudder to even think about it 

• Thanks 1