free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 101 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

@Lotusfab Please take it as a compliment due to the rest of the car being so beautifully prepared. Totally get that it looks beyond cool with the skis on but it was never a proper ski rack, just a movie prop bodge and would surely compromise the car's ability to drive on the road beyond 30mph or whatever the car did in the film. Yes who am I to talk putting Compomotives and 1984 Goodyear tyres on mine!

• Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

All valid comments but it’s your car Fabian and you can’t come this far with a dream and not see it through - you’ll know what’s right for you and the car👍

• Like 1

Thanks chaps, all the comments are well recieved. I take them on board. For me  the whole point is it has to be identical to the original car. The same as my S1 complete with rocket launch button. The ski racks Im making will be fully operational exact copies of the props. I will have to drill through the tailgate. Shame,  but If I wanted an original car I would have restored it in red and sourced matching numbers.

This will be a fully operational, driveable exact copy of the Bond car with the exception the engine is restored - but not dry sump. This has to be a useable car which I intend to drive and enjoy, as is my S1.  I have already made the styrofoam lower racks  and one upper. Once my work comitments have reduced I will complete them. Probably mid december . They will be based on a modern ski rack design whcih will take the ski load. Outside they will appear almost  identical to the car in the movie. 

I will only fit the skis at shows. Dont think the aerodynamics would lend themselves to 70 mph!

• Like 2

I bope there are no plot changes where my car gets blown up!

• Haha 1

Fortunately for you they blew the budget on the white one!

• Haha 1

Fabian

Looks absolutely wonderful.

Are your rear tyres Goodyear 235 60 VR 15 or ZR 15? 

1 hour ago, Bazza 907 said:

Fabian

Looks absolutely wonderful.

Are your rear tyres Goodyear 235 60 VR 15 or ZR 15? 

They’re VR15 @Bazza 907 - if you click on the photo you get a higher resolution view

0AC6B4C8-C5C2-41F8-9ADC-F3EC221E00F0.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bazza 907 said:

Hi Stephen @stephenwhyte

I meant Fabian's tyres

Oops!🤦🏻‍♂️

Have a look at the trailer for the new Steve Coogan film “Greed” he’s got a good looking yellow co-star, hopefully it gets more screen time than in the trailer.