free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 103 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very, very nice! Great to see four Esprits out together. I bet you all turned some heads on the journey!

Um, I think a couple of sets of S4s OZ split rims could be in order (Saturns...I won't go on about them...) and have you got the front splitter somewhere Barry?

Apart from my silly gripes, I'm looking forward to joining another convoy like this later this year. You need a V8 in that mix gents!

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

I’ve a set of OZ futuras sat in the shed stripped down - I’ll get round to refurbing them at some point. Yes @swindon_alan I’ve even got the front splitter - but got fed up of smashing it on the drive so removed what was left of it.

• Like 1

Only here once

Saw this today posted on a Facebook group called Gemspotting...S4 and an Essex on the ramp! (And another Gturbo in the shadows below).... 

6734A0B0-A426-455C-ABBD-699BE3D6BFAE.jpeg

• Like 2

Cheers - jim

1 hour ago, JNW3 said:

Gerald is giving my car some serious  pampering😊

3337BEE2-CAA2-4552-A163-E24840E1B3E5.jpeg

My 50th present? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dan E said:

My 50th present? 

No

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JNW3 said:

No

So you haven’t ruled it out completely then

• Haha 2

Stunning! 😍

• Like 1

Cheers - jim

11 minutes ago, Dan E said:

So you haven’t ruled it out completely then

Yes I have

• Thanks 1

FB_IMG_1579566688116.jpg

• Like 1

That's @oneshot's Esprit on a photoshoot we arranged for EVO magazine, atop a snowy mountain in Wales.

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sounds great. What did you use and did you take any recordings of revving it out?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GTK said:

Sounds great. What did you use and did you take any recordings of revving it out?

I just quickly rigged up a simple radio mic and audio recorder combo, with initial headphone monitoring. The Zoom recorder has its own onboard mics for the cabin audio, and the GoPro camera has its own audio of course, but that's rubbish. I didn't see the need to fit the foam shield to the Zoom mics.

IMG_20200126_132042156.thumb.jpg.331cea3d40ef1b2c0d58f409d0a86271.jpg

However, the microphone in the engine bay had a homemade foam muffler made from an Ursa Foamie. As the Sony EC-88 omni-directional lavalier mic capsule is bare and very sensitive (£400 alone, and compatible to a Sennheisser MKE-416 super cardiod 'boom' mic). It didn't require an additional full 'fluffy'.

On a motorcycle next month I will replace the radio set up for a direct wired omni-directional mic, such as the Boya or Rode, which is small and has its own Rycote style 'fluffy'.

• Like 2