free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 109 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(Photo by Peter Gunnars)

The Manor House Hotel in Castle Combe. The four of us, plus better halves, have been going to Castle Combe each year for 20 years but this was the first time we'd stayed at the Manor. 

Went out for a bit of blast this morning.  

Posted Images

On 27/05/2020 at 02:04, Giniw said:

(I haven't watched to it yet, but it looks interesting! — still I think I have already seen a few bits from that video, but this upload is 1h long)

I remember the call out for owners for the production of that video. Loti gets a nice shot an 22:25.

• Like 1

Hello Mr Wright! @unity1

Can you believe this was 17 years ago!

040201-cchoon-05-Large.jpg

• Love 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It was taken from the Lotus World magazine of the time taken in 1984 from memory. And yes it’s taken at Hethel......transporters are just leaving the factory👍

• Like 1

:wub:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

looked good,you sure that was music

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I finally fitted my 245/50-16 at the rear, instead of my 245/45-16 (wanted to wear them out before I shifted). Gave the SE a totally different stance and handling. Haven't been happier for a long time. My favorite mechanic said he could order 2 pcs of 215/50-15 W88 (good for 270 km/h) for my front so I told him not to wait an unnecessary moment to do so, as they are as hard to find as chickens teeth. I'll have them fitted July 13 if he really can get them. I think it could be a good thing if all Esprit owners with the odd sizes started to e-mail Good Year and asking them to make a batch of Eagles in the right dimensions. I'm pretty sure they will get sold at once 😃  Every SE owner would buy, just to have in stock. The correct size fills the wheel arches in a totally nicer way than 245/45-16 do.

IMG_20200704_180054.jpg

Edited by Corban
wrong size
  • Like 2

========================================
Torque times RPM equals horsepower!

• Gold FFM

Looking good Henrik! What brand do you have on the rear, and what has your mechanic been able to find for the front?

I'm running 225/50R15 Toyo at the front and BFG Sport Comp 255/50R16 on the rear on my SE.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

The rears are KUMHO, I bought them 3 or 4 years ago, just to have. I was told to buy both front and back if I had the chance because they were getting scarce. Front was harder, I bought 205/50-15 (no PAS so smaller better than 225/50-15 was my thought). What brand my mechanic ordered did get lost in the mist since he tried to order for the rear also (I told him I would buy what ever brand he could find if they were approved for more than 180km/h) and he called like 4 dealers. I'll find out Monday week after this upcoming. BUT... I still think we all should send e-mails to GoodYear asking for Eagles in the right size. After all, we are carrying the heritage of Colin Chapman, one of the greatest engineers in formula one. Are there any Ferrari people having a hard time finding tyres/tires? (maybe there is 😃  )  We know Lotus almost built the suspension around the tires so fitting low profile tires and rims from other Esprit models might work but it changes the characteristics of the car. 50% looks like a high profile today but it gives a smoother ride and the noise from hitting small bumps is very much lower. Can't wait till I get new fronts (current ones are 10 years or more and lost softness). I love my SE but changing tires could make it a totally new and even more pleasurable beast 😃 like it was originally intended. Compare the wheel/wheel arch with this photo with 245/45-16, looks too small, doesn't it?

I'll get back on the forum after I fitted the fronts too.

20150604_123941.jpg

Side note: I'd like to drive my SE on the track at least once a year, just to feel the true spirit of the esprit (pun intended). 3 years ago I could easily find Toyo proxies (or what they are called) but  now they seem hard to find.
Don't want to ruin my new street rubber (breaking side walls). Any advice on rims and tires that fit, true to dimensions on the SE would be great.