free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 112 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Esprit Picture & Video Thread


Bibs

Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Their holding up really well. I havent really touched them yet since they were polished last year. (apart from cleaning off the usual road grime, brake dust etc) They still have their mirror finish. Lovely!

However I havent done that much driving this year, what with redoing the dash, heater motors etc etc then Covid on top of everything. Im also fussy about taking it out in the wet. (although I did say that I wasnt going to let that bother me).

Im trying to get as many miles on the clock as possible at the moment, and also trying to trace the oil leak.

Its ok, trundling round town and short, not over speedy trips. Only happens when I put my foot down on the motorway say and at a constant 70. However I WILL find it!

Posing up and down Blackpool promenade get loads of thumbs up and nice comments. Good job they can't see underneath!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1980 FYEO (turbo dry sump) SCCFC20A1AHD10930, engine no. CD910800718630 = 10953.

1980 FYEO (n/a) SCCFC20A8AMD10858, engine no. CC912801118912. Log book never updated by Lotus to change the engine details prior to going to the film set. Original turbo dry sump engine no. CD910791117542. Original reg. no. 459 JTA.

Reg no. OPW 678W originally belonged to a Blue Series 3 Esprit which belonged to the Lotus Engineering dept.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Veilside said:

1980 FYEO (turbo dry sump) SCCFC20A1AHD10930, engine no. CD910800718630 = 10953.

1980 FYEO (n/a) SCCFC20A8AMD10858, engine no. CC912801118912. Log book never updated by Lotus to change the engine details prior to going to the film set. Original turbo dry sump engine no. CD910791117542. Original reg. no. 459 JTA.

Reg no. OPW 678W originally belonged to a Blue Series 3 Esprit which belonged to the Lotus Engineering dept.

 

 

 

Thanks Steve, always good info. What do you mean by the = 10953 ?

1980 domestic production FYEO spec cars, 10928 white heat, 10953 and 10954. 

There was one RHD export to Hong Kong 10939 white/brown.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lex Templar said:

#10953 exact 1980 FYEO dry sump spec, work courtesy of SJ Sportscars. 

Factory white/brown dry sump w/ factory Compomotive wheels and roof stereo.

1410153600_ScreenShot2020-09-15at7_43_05pm.thumb.png.c7e0b383ac10f6675333b67641b40006.png

Nice car but I think the wheels on the photo are not the original Compomotive!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
On 14/09/2020 at 09:33, Chillidoggy said:

Surely, Sparky didn’t clean his Esprit, did he?

Every September, whether it needs it or not.

And someone parked a filthy V8 outside mine today.

 

IMG_20200915_170334.jpg

  • Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

Did you get it going again?  :)

  • Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sparky said:

Every September, whether it needs it or not.

And someone parked a filthy V8 outside mine today.

 

IMG_20200915_170334.jpg

Abandoned perhaps?

send off for the logbook ..

 

Filthy...dirty....just how I like ‘em. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
18 hours ago, Mysterae said:

@Kevin Wheeler that looks remarkably like the Cromarty Firth, just "down the road" from me!

It was. We were there a few days ago having lunch in the hotel on the harbour.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/09/2020 at 10:49, Lex Templar said:

#10953 exact 1980 FYEO dry sump spec, work courtesy of SJ Sportscars. 

Factory white/brown dry sump w/ factory Compomotive wheels and roof stereo.

1410153600_ScreenShot2020-09-15at7_43_05pm.thumb.png.c7e0b383ac10f6675333b67641b40006.png

Is the one that Lucas Reynolds had?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...