free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 113 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(Photo by Peter Gunnars)

Hey everyone, Here are some pictures of my Esprit from tonights classic car meet in Earls Barton Northampton... was great to see a couple of other lovely Esprits too, Robington's black one and Pa

Went out for a bit of blast this morning.  

Posted Images

That’s going to be beautiful and a true White with Tobacco interior FYEO Turbo....which would sit beautifully alongside Fabian’s Copper Fire FYEO spec Turbo.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

Having quite often seen Essex 006 LHD back when she was in Austria with her previous owner I can 100% confirm that the chassis is as the car left the factory and as pictured in @Sparky ´s picture above and only touched up in a few minor places.

As seen on a couple of other very early Turbos as well it seems that these early galvanised chassis were not painted black but sprayed with the same "bitumastic compound" that was also used on the non-galvanised S1 /S2 Esprit and Elite/Eclat chassis. Unfortunately I don´t know if that coating was also used on the S2.2 car range in between but may well have been.

However, I´m aware that´s just another theory and as with all things "old Lotus" one can never be sure. Maybe MJK could know exactly?

Georg

@Lex Templar

AutocarMag1979.jpg

Edited by frb
Pic from Autocar Mag 1979 added
  • Like 2