free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 114 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(Photo by Peter Gunnars)

Went out for a bit of blast this morning.  

The Manor House Hotel in Castle Combe. The four of us, plus better halves, have been going to Castle Combe each year for 20 years but this was the first time we'd stayed at the Manor. 

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I am duty bound to inform you that you've done a wonderful job, as I need to stay on your good side for the next few weeks.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Sparky said:

I am duty bound to inform you that you've done a wonderful job, as I need to stay on your good side for the next few weeks.

Yours is next I can’t look at them swirl marks anymore 

You're just jealous of glorious Norfolk Mustard Yellow.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

18 hours ago, Dan E said:

If anyone is interested, which I presume that would be absolutely no one as, I guess you actually have a life, this is what I done, the difference is night and day. I do this all by hand as I don’t trust myself with a machine. 

1. Wheels first using using Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel which is excellent and contains no acid

2. Ultimate Finish snow foam 

3. wash with Valet Pro Advanced Poseidon Car Wash using the 2 bucket method, buckets with grit guards also from Ultimate Finish 

4. dry with microfibre towels 

5. get the Big Boi heated blower out to get rid of all the excess water, if you haven’t got one of these then I suggest you do stops all water marks and is especially good on wing mirrors 

6. clay bar with Bilt Hamber Auto Clay soft, this is excellent as you can just use tap water in a spray gun thing, your wife will have one, I know because she doesn’t have one anymore 

7. Meguiars 105 Ultra Cut Compound applied with a pad and polished off with a microfibre, I had to do this twice on the horizontal surfaces, be careful with any edges easy to remove the paint from a 40 year old car

8. Meguliars 205 Ultra Finishing polish same process as above 

9. Dodo Juice lime prime lite as the pre wax 

10. Dodo Juice Purple Haze wax 

11. Glass G4 Nanotech glass polish 

12. a good lawyer for the inevitable divorce 

13. Gin and wine, check in with Sparkles when you can start drinking it’s normally not long after 11am 

oh and you need a Bose speaker and a Spotify account 

Lastly never polish in circles always straight lines 

Needs air-con.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Margate Exotics.

Dropped my Jeep off at LG Motors in Swaffham for an MOT and in their showroom they have an S3 Esprit in bits. They’ve bought it to restore. Apparently it has sat unused for 16 years, but from what I could see it didn’t look too bad. The doors, engine cover and front hatch had all been removed and everything looked pretty solid, the interior actually looked pretty good for something left untouched for 16 years.

It is a 1981 NA S3 and they plan to repaint it in its original black (currently it’s white). They have some nice other ‘modern’ classics in their showroom, so I think they’ll make a good job of it. It’s nice to see another being brought back to life.

I remember Kato had an amazing job done by them on his Esprit when they first opened up 15 or so years ago. Sad news, they were excellent! 

Give the Beaconsfield Workshop a look, they're the most comparable in terms of quality if you need any more work done and are factory approved (and a lot closer!). 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

He grew his hair and got ripped! 

10372548_10154139239595114_6318733099721

He's still running LEW, there are updates on there! 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.